• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    good deal, I've only seen one fox this season. Around me it seems that after the season they get active.
    Believe it or not, I actually went out trying to get one. I seen a pair yesterday morning on my way to work , just happened to be where I can hunt .
    Didn't think it would work out , but you just never know . Damn thing about wiped my call out . He was coming to do a smash and grab !

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    When my granddaughter shot her buck, she and her dad called us, my wife and I took about a half hour to get there, then we started tracking it. Took us maybe 20 minutes, but right before we spotted it, I spotted a coyote slinking away and immediately my son in law and I turned towards the way the coyote slank/slunk from. The rear end of the deer was wet from coyote licking it. Would not have been long. Have shot coyotes over a dead pig pile. Never seen coyotes eat a dead coyote. Interesting thought on why they didn't eat a dead calf. Many will stab multiple meds in a sick calf and thus it could smell tainted to even the eaters of the dead.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The steer we put out for bait had not been medicated. Pasture fed and died unexpectedly. I suspect it had a twisted gut. When cut open the back portion of the intestines were empty.

We see fox here occasionally. Less than we did a few years ago. We leave them alone since they eat a lot of mice. When I had poultry, we used to shoot them or they would eat my birds.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    +1

I might have to add another. He went hunting last night but came in after I was asleep. I forgot to add the last one he got a couple days ago.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We just bury them. No money earned....but we spend plenty on our cool toys like the thermal scope. :lmfao:

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I saw a limping coyote cutting across the fresh beans today, but it saw me at the same time. By the time I got my rifle, it was on top of a ridge 250 yards out. Since there is a road 3/4 mile behind, it was safe. I figure it's my civic duty to put it out of its pain. On a better note, there was 2 turkeys out there and a doe with 3 young ones out there later. Maybe they got a pass also.

Top Bottom