• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    my daughters Toyota Corolla got a youngster New Year’s Day. So mark the family down for one so far.

Evidence was the crows in the side ditch. I stopped and saw a young tote dead. Said to my wife at dinner someone hit a coyote on New Year’s Eve. Daughter said no I got it New Years morning on the way to work. Seems it was the last pup following mom across the road. The other three made it across

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    My blood is thin, I went this morning and froze out. not a creature was stirring, obviously smarter than myself.
    Same here. First real good cold weather and I guess these old bones aren't used to it. Didn't see it but there was fox tracks all over the yard, around the garage, and even a few on the back porch when I got back.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Me and my son thought about going this evening. After swapping optics and zeroing guns we were to cold to actually go through with it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Best coyote hunting weather I've seen in a while and I've got covid along with the wife. You young healthy youngsters, don't miss out on the opportunity.
    Good job, Rookie. Bet they really stand out with the thermal in this weather.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby was all hopped up to use his thermal scope he got for his birthday. We ended up having to go to Washington to visit his brother before he passed in October and then we both got covid in November. Cameras are no longer showing coyotes, and we are pretty sure someone in our area is trapping as others are also reporting not seeing any. The bait pile has become a feasting area for opossum, raccoons, hawks, crows, etc. I saw the first fox that has been on our cameras in a couple of years the other day and even had two big rabbits on another camera. We did find the remains of a turkey but that could have been taken by a fox or a couple of raccoons.

I'm glad to see reports that some of you are able to take out some coyotes. I hope he gets to at least try out that scope. He may have to go hunt at my cousin's farm if things don't change here.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The humidity was just about perfect for hunting last night. There wasn't a chance that an animal could hide from thermal. We saw a coyote well past 1,000 yards. I shot one at a hair over 500 yards.

We've seen more foxes this year than we've ever seen before. We've seen 12 so far, and we saw two last night. We typically leave them alone, but we may change our mind if we continue seeing them as often.

Here is a very healthy 39 pound male I got last night.

Top Bottom