• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Shot and missed a couple times with the 20ga flintlock today. No luck but it was nice to get out to the woods again.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I put in the pressure cooker…. About 10 minutes I just hit the chicken button. Then when you fry all you’re doing is browning your choice of breading. Keeps from overcooking the meat

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    My Dad has a 20 gauge Fowler that he has been messing with. It shoots decent, but definitely seems to be a close range gun.
    No shot cup, no choke, full load of #6 isn't that much shot. Fiber wads over and under the shot probably mess with the pattern a bit.

I also haven't really patterned this gun with shot. No facility to do it at. Despite the 30" barrel it is definitely a very short range gun. Fun, though.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I absolutely love squirrel hunting, but man do I hate cleaning hairs off the meat. I’ve tried every possible tactic known to man and watched every YouTube video on cleaning, can never get it right.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I like my old .410 with #4 or 5 shot early season scoped 22 or .17 late season.

Wife puts them in salt water over night she then makes squirrel and dumplings. She also makes squirrel and gravy in the ninja thing.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I absolutely love squirrel hunting, but man do I hate cleaning hairs off the meat. I’ve tried every possible tactic known to man and watched every YouTube video on cleaning, can never get it right.
    As gross as it is, I have simply resigned myself to eating squirrel hairs. I figure it's extra fiber in the diet.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have pineys again around the house.. going to sniper them this weekend.. maybe while I’m fiddling with the mosin…;). Or .22 whatever. Still have a woods full them if someone wants to hunt in grant county. PM me and go from there

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Get them soaking wet b4 you skin them. Wet hair doesn't stick to wet meat nearly as tightly as dry hair. What little hair ends up on the carcass, you can also burn off with a propane torch.

Top Bottom