• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last summer I put up a challenge for members to try and split a playing card with a 22 rimfire. I was thinking about what I could do this summer. After a recent video my son and I did, I think I figured it out.

"Splitting" a watermelon will be this years challenge. It's not hard as last year. But it should be more exciting.

So here are the rules.

*Using a firearm (no binary, C4, explosives, etc. BLACK POWDER CANNONS ARE ALLOWED), blow up a watermelon.

*Get it on video and post it in this thread. I need to see the shooter pulling the trigger in the video.

*The winner will be selected by either a random number picker or maybe put to a vote from the members. I'll make that decision later.

*Please be safe and wear proper PPE.

*A member can post/enter multiple videos if their family/friends want to enter too. One entry per shooter

*Entries need to be posted by 11:59 EST on September 7th, 2021. I realize this is not something you can do at most ranges. I've allowed more time for finding a spot to do this.

The winner will receive a one year $20 Site Supporter badge. And bragging rights as the top watermelon blower-uper!

If you have any questions, post them here as I'm sure I didn't think of everything I needed to.

Here is my son using a 12 gauge and a Agullia mini slug.

Have fun and be safe!!!!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Please don't do that at Martinsville Conservation Club! Last year some folks were shooting "fruit" and left the remains splattered all over the bay. It makes a mess.

Or if you are going to say; "**** you gregkl", then at least put the melon all the way back on the berm.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Please don't do that at Martinsville Conservation Club! Last year some folks were shooting "fruit" and left the remains splattered all over the bay. It makes a mess.

Or if you are going to say; "**** you gregkl", then at least put the melon all the way back on the berm.

Unfortunately I've seen stuff like that as well at MCC. To many "nature will clean it up" folks. Seen pop cans, milk jugs, etc. scattered around. It only takes a few morons to screw up the place.
    Now if they want to leave their used brass that's a whole different story! I police the bay's for that as often as I can!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Unfortunately I've seen stuff like that as well at MCC. To many "nature will clean it up" folks. Seen pop cans, milk jugs, etc. scattered around. It only takes a few morons to screw up the place.
    Now if they want to leave their used brass that's a whole different story! I police the bay's for that as often as I can!
    It is getting better according to the board but that may partially be due to people like you and I. Often, I spend the first 10-15 minutes when I get there picking up pop cans, targets on the ground and on the stands and other junk.

It's funny; there are these blue round containers at every bay. I seem to be able to fit the trash and used targets in those really well. And I always thought of myself to not be all that talented.

If you shoot 9mm, you may find a piece of brass or two that I left behind. I make three passes picking up my brass but I usually leave some for the gleaners. :D

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If you shoot 9mm, you may find a piece of brass or two that I left behind. I make three passes picking up my brass but I usually leave some for the gleaners. :D
    In the corners as you should.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    It is getting better according to the board but that may partially be due to people like you and I. Often, I spend the first 10-15 minutes when I get there picking up pop cans, targets on the ground and on the stands and other junk.

It's funny; there are these blue round containers at every bay. I seem to be able to fit the trash and used targets in those really well. And I always thought of myself to not be all that talented.

Leave more (I can usually find about 90% of mine) and I'm running low.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Flies aint a prob, its the yellow jackets.
    Deathly allergic, but it seems as of food is avail they are pretty mellow (cleaning early season geese ive had a few give me the buzz between fingers to tell me they were busy eating and didnt want further annoyance ).

Top Bottom