• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a Crossman pumpmaster and I can tear out rhe bull at 25 ft. The birds are not that far, but even with 11 pumps the birds scatter from the sound.

I cannot shoot anything fasterwhere I live.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    6+2. 6 starlings and 2 sparrows over the wknd. Broke out my 60 year old Sheridan that I had rebuilt 10 years ago. Who would have thought eyesight changes so much in 50 years. The beagles don't know what to think of feathers.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well, my starlings are starting to act like crows. 3 or 4 come in to raid the suet blocks and one stands watch. I can't walk by a window w/o them scattering. Time to sneak around the house with the double barrel again.
    When I'm in the garage, they are very careful. But I can open the side door and not even get the pellet gun out of the door and drop a bunch.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    When I'm in the garage, they are very careful. But I can open the side door and not even get the pellet gun out of the door and drop a bunch.
    I get them from a spare room window. I have a 2x12 that I put in the window. Have a couple holes cut in it and I can close it up. Its painted and blends in. It’s the perfect hunting station. Those things are very alert. The juveniles are so dumb that you can shoot the adult next to them and then shoot the juvie.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Disclaimer, I love birds, so much so I have them on my fretboard. The lady of the house loves them too. We have a birdbath 15 feet away from the window over the sink. I could sit inside in A/C, open the screen a few inches and make many nights of it. That range, fish in a barrel.

There are so many around us. I would be surprised if it is not at least 1000. Total infestation around where I'm at. I've seen 10-15 pushing and fighting in the birdbath, scores perched on the fences. Bird, um, fecal matter, on cars, concrete, you name it. I don't want it tracked in the house and I'm sick of these flying rats.

My problem, I don't have an air rifle and the lady thinks it's mean. I've gone over the whole invasive and health thing. How else can I approach this? Any suggestions for a cheap decent air rifle?
    I have a Weihrauch .177 with a silencer and scope. It will take out a starling if you get it in the right spot. Talk to your wife about how the bird poop is extreme and unhealthy. They kill the woodpeckers and northern flickers. If you have feeders, then taking out the starlings and you will get all the nice songbirds and native birds back. Be ready to tackle them every spring and every winter. Winter is best because they are weak and can’t hide easily.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have a Weihrauch .177 with a silencer and scope. It will take out a starling if you get it in the right spot. Talk to your wife about how the bird poop is extreme and unhealthy. They kill the woodpeckers and northern flickers. If you have feeders, then taking out the starlings and you will get all the nice songbirds and native birds back. Be ready to tackle them every spring and every winter. Winter is best because they are weak and can’t hide easily.
    For those wondering, a moderator/suppressor/silencer is completely legal on airguns and requires no tax stamp in IN.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    My primary starling gun is a pcp Benjamin marauder woods walker with a DonnyFL silencer and a Sig Romeo red dot. It’s quiet and super accurate. That setup was about $750. The reason I mentioned the other is I would be happy to let you try it out to take out some starlings if you are located in Indy @sixGuns.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It’s ok. Job security for my .22. Getting it dialed in better. Just performed a lobotomy on a chipmunk at 50 feet. Winchester hollow point.
    FTFY
    Sounds like my morning so far. 42 grain Winchester subsonic. SAKO Quad with the Lilja bbl.
    If I could afford a decent trigger for it, it would be about the perfect squirrel rifle.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    FTFY
    Sounds like my morning so far. 42 grain Winchester subsonic. SAKO Quad with the Lilja bbl.
    If I could afford a decent trigger for it, it would be about the perfect squirrel rifle.
    Finally a weekend off and bushogging around the pastures so I can set my sniper position up. My 9 year old granddaughter loves to shoot and with the grass down we’ll be able to see them better. Can’t wait to see how she does. Last weekend she and her sister were mouse stomping in the barn. Combination of ewwww and laughter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Standing on the deck, talking on the phone. Scared a new chipmunk out from under the deck, that stopped to look around more than once. Then I seen a bird, out in the garden berry patch.

I was just about to get the conversation finished, and it started to rain. :xmad:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    2 more chipmunks.. 20 gauge is a bit OVER kill but gratifying muhahahahaa. Grandkids thought it was cool. Not starlings but the little beastards have been annihilating the bird feeders. Next moles.. trying the carbide in a bottle cap soon

Top Bottom