• ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    On the Trucking side

Tires are in very short stock. Some of the big manufacturers are not making the cheap line of tires. Goodyear is not producing Kelly Springfield because of a rubber shortage. Also some sizes are hard to find.

Filters are in short supply oil,fuel,air.

Spare parts sensors and electronic stuff trucks are down for weeks over a $50 sensor.

New trucks are hard to get so the big fleets are keeping trucks longer which means they need more parts.

Drivers are hard to find. When you combine a background check and a hair follicle drug test.
    Who do you have left?

Fuel I put in $629.72 a few minutes ago. The fuel surcharges will kick in soon and we all will pay more for everything.
    Try to find any 15w40 oil lately?????

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Been lots of shortages on parts, fluids, and cleaners in my field. Parts my local supplier (Chicago) always had on hand are now having to be shipped from all over the country.

Heck this note was in a rebuild kit I just opened

20211019_121238.jpg

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    The same people that are banning lawn mowers and chainsaws will be coming for your wood burner soon...
    They already have. They just have not put the finishing touch to it quite yet but it will be very soon. If you are looking to install one now good luck finding all the stuff to do it, you waited too long. Pipe and stoves out of stock everywhere in the last 2 weeks.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In the last Great Depression there were plenty of things to buy, but nobody had any money.

In the next Great Depression everyone will have plenty of money, but it won't buy anything.

Closing manufacturing in America and shipping it overseas, putting people out of work so the company can make a few percentage points more on the bottom line...
    Everything being made in china has finally come home to roost.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    And now, magnesium...

China’s magnesium shortage threatens global car industry

Around 85 per cent of the world’s magnesium production comes from China, and a large chunk of it from one town in Shaanxi province, Yulin. About a month ago, the local government ordered roughly 35 of its 50 magnesium smelters to close until the end of the year and told the rest to cut production by 50 per cent in order to hit energy consumption targets.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Closing manufacturing in America and shipping it overseas, putting people out of work so the company can make a few percentage points more on the bottom line...
    Everything being made in china has finally come home to roost.
    Why do you hate capitalism?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It has always been my belief that foreign outsourcing will be the death of this country. I have heard manufactures since the 1970's talk about how they have to include foreign parts so they can make their products more affordable. If they can sell a new car for $1000.00 what good is that if no one in this country can afford the $1000.00 because they don't have a job.
    I also cringe when the gov talks about all the jobs they have created but it turns out to be "service" jobs. Our economy will not thrive on this type job. What this country and our economy needs are manufacturing jobs. That is jobs that produce hard goods, our own medicines, our own weapons systems, things another country cannot cut us off and destroy our country. Jim.

looper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2019
    NWI
    Just heard back from Danner.

"Thank you for reaching out. The Kinetic 8" is expecting to come back into stock 02/13/2022, but is still subject to change. We're experiencing unexpected delays in our supply chain.

We're so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you,

We appreciate your patience thus far."

Wow. Just wow. Far worse than I imagined.

(Lets Go Brandon!)
    Try on a pair of Redwing's, very happy with them for last 18 yrs.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Try on a pair of Redwing's, very happy with them for last 18 yrs.
    I wore "Redwings" for years also, liked the fact they were made in USA. Then I went to have a pair repaired and found out they were made in China. Some are still made in USA but not all. Since then I have been buying "Double H" boots that I realy like and AFAIK are all made in USA. Jim.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Capitalism is not all about the bottom line, because you have to figure in supply risk and a host of other factors. Laser focus on the bottom line has blinded some to other risks, and those are now apparent. In spite of what some would like to think, we are not all one big happy economic family. Some mean us harm, as we are discovering too late. Diversification of supply, "not all eggs in one basket," etc. An example of when diversity is a good thing.

Top Bottom