Not open for further replies.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    20210402_170241.jpg

Been picking up ribeyes at Aldi's for Friday date night with my squeeze.
    Keeping it simple with natural, hardwood charcoal on the grill cooking the sides on the stovetop until better weather.
    Pay no attention to the appetizer in the picture, it's just there for effect................I promise.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Brother, that wing looks like its been cooked to perrrrrrr-fection.
    You ever get overwhelmed with leftovers, I'm here to help.
    Grilled/BBQ chicken is not my strong game but can eat a whole bird by myself.
    Haha, yeah wings have a fine line of when they're done and then over done. I've messed up plenty. A whole bird is actually easier I think.

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    I smoked some spare ribs, sausages, and chicken breasts yesterday, and grilled some burgers, stuffed and wrapped chicken breasts and some brats. Wife made some potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans and deviled eggs as well. Got plenty to eat for several days now.

c407Trol.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just some barnyard buzzards...

7U5PwNrl.jpg

4StOTStl.jpg

Why is it that when you smoke a pork butt or pork belly it takes a nasty, fatty, unappetizing chunk of meat and turns it into something completely amazing but chicken is just chicken no matter what? I mean, this ain't bad, but it's still just chicken.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I picked up a rope of mild Italian sausage from a local meat market today. Added some peppers and onions and served on nice fresh Turano French rolls.

When at the market, I requested 3 feet of sausage. I didn't really pay attention while the guy wrapped it as I admiring their other delicacies. When I unwrapped it this afternoon, I discovered he gave me 6 feet! Oh well, got enough in the freezer now to do it again.

BC0E8D21-36C6-464E-8559-1E9005B594B8_1_105_c.jpeg

1E51D989-DA61-46EB-962F-D478A9592511_1_105_c.jpeg

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Looks mighty good. What temperature and how long?

Used Dijon mustard for a binder, spread out the ham and seasoned inside the ham slices with Malcom Reed BBQ seasoning, cherry pellets, 250-275 temp, spritz with pineapple juice, takes about 2.5-3 hours to get IT to 140!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't smoked anything yet this spring but it's coming very soon. Last year I bought a gigantic smoker and it was just too big. I downsized today and made a little money on top of the new (to me) Old Country smoker. I believe it is the Pecos model so nothing super fancy but it should get the job done assuming I keep it out of the wind while I'm smoking.

T97iwEph.jpg

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Haven't smoked anything yet this spring but it's coming very soon. Last year I bought a gigantic smoker and it was just too big. I downsized today and made a little money on top of the new (to me) Old Country smoker. I believe it is the Pecos model so nothing super fancy but it should get the job done assuming I keep it out of the wind while I'm smoking.

T97iwEph.jpg
    Looks good, a coat of paint will fix it right up and it'll last quite a few more years

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana

T97iwEph.jpg

Looks like it outta get the job done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16