• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Do you like using the smoke tube? I have never had any issues getting smoke flavor from just my pellet grill, but I start my butts at 180 for 2 hours to get a heavy smoke on them and then bump up the heat to 250. I have the A-maze-n smoke generator for cold smoking, I've never tried it for hot smoking.
    I use the tube mostly for specific flavored pellets. Those were hickory. I only use blended pellets in the hopper because it's a PITA to change the out.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I'm expecting some Cedar Grilling Planks to be delivered today. I've never used them before so I'm pretty stoked to try them out this weekend. Local Meijer store has fresh salmon on sale. Gonna give that a try. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Smoking a couple of chuck roasts tomorrow. I'm making some pulled beef. I've done a lot of pulled pork, but never beef. I'll me making some French onion soup from the drippings just for fun.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Smoking a couple of chuck roasts tomorrow. I'm making some pulled beef. I've done a lot of pulled pork, but never beef. I'll me making some French onion soup from the drippings just for fun.
    Have had pulled beef, it's good. But you can't beat a good French onion soup.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    More chicken wings...

33de8851cc8a9439c25bb6b6709b8649.jpg

e84576d852de3a102b90fb73be99627e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Finally got the Bull's new baby brother properly christened...

g87Cwe8l.jpg

Smoked a couple tied up ribeyes on the Bull, scallops and baked taters on the Bullseye before the ribeyes went over for a quick sear at 750 degrees. That little sucker gets HOT...

HepHWDXl.jpg

dAM6DhYl.jpg

Gave the Bull a much needed cleaning Saturday which got me motivated to finally build the folding shelf I've been planning for months. Welded up a little frame out of 1/2" angle iron to hold a 1/2x12x36 piece of HDPE mounted to some folding shelf brackets...

juJxCwjl.jpg

ok6POyJl.jpg

NlD7ipll.jpg

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I love smoking butts, briskets, ribs, etc but some Johnsonville brats and homemade fries with Joe's fry seasoning and garlic aiolii is still about my favorite meal. My wife demands those nasty stadium brats in the middle. Just ignore them.
    7ad2ad4b73ac1419cf3e787771074067.jpg
    88e12c6cba52e00d138ee76d71339a4d.jpg
    d760fec4d71bcf71dbaaca2c8a2e9c8d.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Spiral cut ham, seasoned with Malcom Reed’s The BBQ rub, 250 degrees on the pellet grill for 4ish hours (140 IT) spritzed with apple cider vinegar and apple juice! Absolutely delicious!!

64234a0fe86e3f1864ade61ef0441b58.jpg

Axxe55

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2021
    Texas.
    Wife and I found a really nice pork butt at Krogers a few weeks ago. I smoked it a week ago, and it turned out awesome. Made pulled pork with it, and it made some great sandwiches.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Bacon!

2fvESCF.jpg

After curing for a couple weeks, I threw the slab in the Bradley on Sunday. Used maple and apple to smoke.
    Pulled out the slicer this morning and finished up the job.

WnHywVV.jpg

This is the second belly I have made into bacon from a couple hogs I butchered last year. Simple recipe, but simply delicious. Had a bacon sandwich this morning, tomorrow will have bacon on a bison burger.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Spiral cut ham, seasoned with Malcom Reed’s The BBQ rub, 250 degrees on the pellet grill for 4ish hours (140 IT) spritzed with apple cider vinegar and apple juice! Absolutely delicious!!

64234a0fe86e3f1864ade61ef0441b58.jpg

With Maple syrup, and Pineapple. Sinfully delicious.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    With Maple syrup, and Pineapple. Sinfully delicious.

I was thinking about letting the ham sit in pineapple juice for an hour or so next time, maybe spritz with pineapple juice also...I like the maple syrup idea too!

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I was thinking about letting the ham sit in pineapple juice for an hour or so next time, maybe spritz with pineapple juice also...I like the maple syrup idea too!

Yeah, baste every 20 min. Mine was on a rotisserie. :thumbsup:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Bacon!

2fvESCF.jpg

After curing for a couple weeks, I threw the slab in the Bradley on Sunday. Used maple and apple to smoke.
    Pulled out the slicer this morning and finished up the job.

WnHywVV.jpg

This is the second belly I have made into bacon from a couple hogs I butchered last year. Simple recipe, but simply delicious. Had a bacon sandwich this morning, tomorrow will have bacon on a bison burger.
    Wow, I have got to try this.
    Is there a recipe for curing and cooking you use?

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Wow, I have got to try this.
    Is there a recipe for curing and cooking you use?
    this is the recipe I use:

Bacon: A Simple Recipe

Ingredients

Pork Belly

2% - 2.2% - Salt (based on your preferences)

.2% - Cure #1

1.5% - Sugar

Instructions

Weigh pork belly and record weight. It's much easier to record in grams than pounds when dealing with percentages.

Based on that weight, measure out the rest of your ingredients in a separate bowl.

Combine meat and ingredients in a zip lock bag and rub the mix all over the belly.

Cure in fridge, for 2 - 3 days per pound (5lb belly will be 10 - 15 days).

Remove from cure and rinse off mixture. Pat dry with a paper towel.

Place belly on a wire rack, over a cookie sheet or plate, and allow to dry in fridge for 2 days to form a nice pellicle.

Remove from fridge and let come up to room temp before smoking.

Start your smoker with your favorite woods and smoke at a temperature of about 200 - 250, until your belly reaches an internal temperature of 150.

Remove from smoker and allow to cool to room temperature before placing back in fridge and/or slicing.

1. Enjoy

I got it from eatthepig.com, but I just looked and that domain is expired.
    I also read through this page on curing: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/salting-brining-curing-and-injecting/curing-meats-safely

Here is a page with some recipes: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/pork-recipes/how-make-smoked-bacon-home

I do everything by weight, and as the first article states it is easier to use grams.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom