I had a craving...

3d77d3bb523542580982b0811ea2f9ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Last week a friends father passed. This week the wife's coworker has a husband having surgery. Quick, she says. We must smoke them meats. 13 pound butt is cooking...
    83e685abecb4ed1f850cb981204412eb.jpg

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Two weeks ago I dispatched the wife to the store for some rub. They were out of my usual brand so she picked up this...

bZjzhRHl.jpg

Yesterday she came home from shopping with this...

b1VF0Bsl.jpg

I think she's a fan. :D

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Grilled some chicken for a family party this weekend. Seasoned it with Plowboy's Yardbird rub and cooked it all over cherry from a tree I lost last summer.

The pit was built by my late grandfather, my father, and uncles about 25 years ago at the local conservation club. I have cooked 2 cases of chicken in one batch on it before. It's almost a shame that I am about the only one that uses it anymore.
    ZB4qzHD.jpg

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Two weeks ago I dispatched the wife to the store for some rub. They were out of my usual brand so she picked up this...

bZjzhRHl.jpg

Yesterday she came home from shopping with this...

b1VF0Bsl.jpg

I think she's a fan. :D

Their honey hog and honey hog hot is pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    All the ACE Hardwares up here have it. They also sell Traegers, BGEs, and Webers.

Looks like I've got a little assembly to do when I get home...

3r8IHFFl.jpg
    I almost went with the Bullseye, If it would have had a grease catch I would have.
    I found the ZGrill for $200 and I'm a cheapskate.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Looking forward to a sale and getting some thick steaks cut for those warm red centers!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I almost went with the Bullseye, If it would have had a grease catch I would have...
    I have the Bull too. I wouldn't want the Bullseye as my only grill. I bought it to replace my Weber kettle for hot/fast cooking.

The wife volunteered my services to smoke a couple butts for her boss's NCAA tourney party today. A friend and one of the wife's nieces also requested a butt if I happened to be cooking any. So I threw four of them on last night around 8. Lookin good as of 4AM...

QE4RZ5ol.jpg

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have the Bull too. I wouldn't want the Bullseye as my only grill. I bought it to replace my Weber kettle for hot/fast cooking.

The wife volunteered my services to smoke a couple butts for her boss's NCAA tourney party today. A friend and one of the wife's nieces also requested a butt if I happened to be cooking any. So I threw four of them on last night around 8. Lookin good as of 4AM...

QE4RZ5ol.jpg
    Do you like using the smoke tube? I have never had any issues getting smoke flavor from just my pellet grill, but I start my butts at 180 for 2 hours to get a heavy smoke on them and then bump up the heat to 250. I have the A-maze-n smoke generator for cold smoking, I've never tried it for hot smoking.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

QE4RZ5ol.jpg
    Looking good. I would like to put in a request. Do you have time to throw a butt on for me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom