• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Started work at 6:00am this morning. Had one pull the covid card at 6:15am. He was sent home by 6:40 after calling the covid hotline and passing the test. Averaging 8-10 people out a day with "covid". Got our annual Christmas bonus last week and now have 14 people out a day on covid. Everyone likes claiming covid at work but they all come back after testing negative. Lucky me I get to clean up the stations after they pull the bull **** card. Had one mad last week he had to work a job and he did the same as above. Only problem is some guys ferreted him out and took pictures of him working at taco bell two days after his covid episode.
    My workplace got the big email this week that two week paid covid leave is going away on the 31st. Relatively few people have tried to use covid to call out, but there's been a lot of people all year long using it as an excuse to shirk at home or shed tasks and interactions around the office they never liked doing in the first place. In retrospect I suppose it has not been abused anywhere near as much as I might have predicted.

I really don't know what's going to happen next, as covid hypochondrism and anxiety disorder seems to be the norm now and the people who aren't in a constant state of freakout are now treated as the lunatic fringe. People of my own age might as well be an alien species now, I haven't talked to anyone under 40 in longer than I can remember.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I shall continue to guard my property and family from any harm those would like to dish out.

I shall continue to work a provide for my family reguardless of being given permission to do so. (Doing this requires me to mask up and keep my opinions to myself)

I shall Give guidance and educate my family
    o the best of my ability. We shall break bread and learn from each other’s mistakes and victories.

I shall work within my local community to make sure elected officials are held accountable for the actions they take that I aggre or disagree with. Those for which my rights are most closely effected by. As all government starts locally.

what else you going to do? First thing to me is getting my house in order. If I have to put on my plate carrier it is going to be in such a way as there is a clear path to what I plan to accomplish. I shall do so that hopefully my kids or their kids do not have to. For me to do such a clear objective must be in sight.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's been more of an inconvenience for us, but them we didn't go out much before. Other than the masks and the odd person being absent, work is not much changed. People just trying to make a living.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I really don't understand why people listen to Mrs. Obama. Other than being a first lady, she was a lawyer working for a corrupt political machine, and yet she speaks on everything from children's diets to her mental health.

Like royalty, big/social media seems constantly obsessed with her opinions.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Once people reorient their entire life to revolve around group membership in a cause, they are notoriously resistant to disbanding the group. We're going to be dealing with these people for years and years to come. In states where they have power, capacity restrictions and mask requirements will probably never go away. Masks on planes are already permanent by executive order and will never go away.

It's just been folded into Wokism as another front in their war on western civilization. Just one more type of zombie to deal with.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just lost a friend to Covid. Had been retired for one year. The deaths will probably start to increase again among those not yet been vaccinated. That is the reason they think the third wave is increasing in tempo across Europe.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just lost a friend to Covid. Had been retired for one year. The deaths will probably start to increase again among those not yet been vaccinated. That is the reason they think the third wave is increasing in tempo across Europe.
    Sorry for your loss. :(

But I don't understand why deaths would increase as people are getting vaccinated. The ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated would have to be increasing, yes?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have an acquaintance that has turned into a terrible hypochondriac since the lockdowns of this scamdemic. This gent, in his 60's, was a fit man prior to being run out of his daily visits to the local YMCA.

Even after the Y reopening the gent's fear of contracting the virus would not let him return. With the exception of an occasional masked/gloved walk, the guy has been locked down into being sedentary.

Lately the guy's issue is overall weakness and leg problems. Guy has a doctor's appointment in the second week of next month. I suggested trying to bump that appointment to earlier (and look into counselling.)

Gent says,"Not before April 5. That's the two weeks the CDC requires for max immunity, after the vaccine. Even then I'll be nervous as hell." :n00b:

I tried to gracefully prompt this otherwise very intelligent guy along and take note of his fear of seeking medical attention, because he might be or get sick. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really don't understand why people listen to Mrs. Obama. Other than being a first lady, she was a lawyer working for a corrupt political machine, and yet she speaks on everything from children's diets to her mental health.

Like royalty, big/social media seems constantly obsessed with her opinions.
    Did she(:):) not loose her license to practice for some underhanded insurance activity. Just seems I read that and not sure. Not a statement of fact merely a question.
    And if the answer is yes she might need to STFU.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom