• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Slick tip from smart guy INGOer edwea; Tap the Esc key as the page loads to bypass the paywall. Might have to try a couple times...

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    My day job is in "mental health care" adjacent field. I can tell you we are going to feel the repercussions of the "lock down" for years - mental health, substance abuse, physical heath and social economically.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ???

In a way, I dont blame her. The IOC had already said she was too good and if she did any of her signature moves they flat out wouldnt score them. (They are too dangerous and are afraid others will try and hurt themselves0 So after working so hard to become the best, only to be told "Youre too good, so we are going to handicap you for equity reasons.", I cant say I blame her for pulling a John Gault.

Yeah, it sucks, and many feel she let the country down. But where was her support when the IOC decided to get woke and handicap her?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In a way, I dont blame her. The IOC had already said she was too good and if she did any of her signature moves they flat out wouldnt score them. (They are too dangerous and are afraid others will try and hurt themselves0 So after working so hard to become the best, only to be told "Youre too good, so we are going to handicap you for equity reasons.", I cant say I blame her for pulling a John Gault.

Yeah, it sucks, and many feel she let the country down. But where was her support when the IOC decided to get woke and handicap her?
    Close. They we're undervaluing them for difficulty. But I agree. Although she didn't pull out for that reason, she says she is suffering from something called the "twisties". Basically from the sound of it, her head and body aren't syncing up right when she's in the air.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Close. They we're undervaluing them for difficulty. But I agree. Although she didn't pull out for that reason, she says she is suffering from something called the "twisties". Basically from the sound of it, her head and body aren't syncing up right when she's in the air.

What are the odds of both of these things happening at once? I'd hate to start a conspiracy theory, but does Russia or China have a virus they can give you that causes the twisties?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What are the odds of both of these things happening at once? I'd hate to start a conspiracy theory, but does Russia or China have a virus they can give you that causes the twisties?
    The underscoring isn't new, well it's new for the IOC but it's been done to her for a couple of months at least since she started doing the new moves in competition.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I read an article about it (linked elsewhere from here or maybe I googled it) saying that she was the only woman to ever pull it off and she was spinning so quickly (the first time she did it in competition) she actually over-rotated a bit so she stepped out of her landing.

They rated this move, with a second rotation that no one else can pull off, a “G” difficulty while the same move with one rotation (which other female gymnasts CAN do) is rated as an “H.” Well, the H is more difficult and carries a higher base score or multiplier (however their scoring system works) and would result in a higher score. They didn’t ban the move (like they have to some skaters in the past), but they wanted to keep others from attempting it and potentially getting hurt, so they nerfed the scoring to make it not worthwhile. Doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of competition to me.

(I didn’t read the article linked in the prior post, so the details might be in there, too)

Top Bottom