Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    No ice fishing for me.
    Was mushing the k9's around JM park.
    The reservoir will be calling my name in the spring. Until then, gotta learn how to slide guitar my Alvarez.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I was seen catching fish by a gentleman in a black coat and hat that showed up on a bike. Had a beard too. He got on by trespassing on private property. Now there must be a hundred people in black barn coats on the channel. Showing up by the van load and trespassing on. And they keep every fish caught. I guess I'm done for the year.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    Back when coon hunting was very profitable i ran into the black hats. I used a dog and a 22. They used a Poulan.

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    sorry but i have to post pics one at a time. Just dont have it down how to do multiple. The perch are busting. They will be spawning soon. I know many say its too early, and right now yes it is. BUt it will be within a month. They will spawn under the ice. It is one of my favorite fish to catch. definitely my favorite to eat. Just goin with my grandson seeing him catch his biggest ever makes it worth it. tight lines......

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    Me and a couple of my grandsons and a buddy went for crappie last night. It was a good night. 62. The phone goes dead in a hurry in the cold. even though we were in shanties warm as toast. One certain jig was the secret. No matter what was down there they would only hit one pole. So we changed all over and it was on. we left and they were still hitting like crazy. it was a good day with the grandsons.....

Attachments

• image3 (1).jpeg
      image3 (1).jpeg
      216.4 KB · Views: 18
    • image2 (1).jpeg
      image2 (1).jpeg
      41.7 KB · Views: 18
    • image1 (5).jpeg
      image1 (5).jpeg
      265 KB · Views: 17
    • image0 (3).jpeg
      image0 (3).jpeg
      263.7 KB · Views: 17

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    I read the thread about the "man in a black coat and hat". How true that is. But it also works with your own friends. Tell one and soon you dont have a place to fish. He tells people they tell people and before you know it your own little honey hole is fished out or so packed you cant get to it. It has happened to me time and again so anymore when asked where did you get them i tell them "by a stump". I have put underwater structure down. I know where it is by GPS. I fish in a shanty even if its 40 out. I dont want to be seen by others because i know how it gets. It isnt a matter of being selfish its a matter of doing my homework and using the knowledge passed down tome and trial by error to make something work. I dont give it up lightly. why ruin my fishing / hunting areas? Believe me getting cut out of the loop in my circle of friends means NO FISH FOR YOU!!! When someone, even if i know them, comes close and asks how i am doing i might have 2 in a bucket to show. But i have my fish hidden. You have to. I have had guys drill holes so close their ice chips come under my shelter. Good way to get an auger shoved up your butt. and the guys with those damn cleats. what idiots. sit down and stop making noise. My grandsons always say things like " why is it you always catch fish grandpa?" I tell them straight up. There are 3 major means of communication. Telephone, telegraph and tella friend. You have got to trust them. Just like hunting mushrooms. You tell everyone where you find them?? lol

Top Bottom