20200615_105437.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 24

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    My son went out the other day and fished off the bank though a hole in the ice near a culvert. He said he hooked a huge pike that broke his line. I sent him back out yesterday with heavier line and a leader, but he said nothing was biting at all. Not sure if the first story was just a fish story or if he got snagged on something or what, lol. It's only January, and I'm more than ready to be fishing again, but I also have an aversion to ice and cold...I'll wait until it's warm enough to sit comfortably in the boat!

pappyon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2020
    Great pics, thanks!

Your location and how thick is the ice?
    I am in Lakeville just north of Plymouth. Riddles lake. Our conservation club has been stocking walleye and perch (no help from the DNR) and the bluegill and red ear are really growing. The ice is a good 3 and a half on the east end. Still bad ice in the middle though

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am in Lakeville just north of Plymouth. Riddles lake. Our conservation club has been stocking walleye and perch (no help from the DNR) and the bluegill and red ear are really growing. The ice is a good 3 and a half on the east end. Still bad ice in the middle though
    Thanks for the info! Please keep the pics and info coming.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    My feet don't hit water until the daily highs hit 60, so I'm gonna be feet dry for a while. You lake people have a lot more options when it gets cold :)

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I need to refreash the line on a couple ultralights to be ready for that 60 degree day you speak of. Plus it helps cabin fever and I consider this task as being productive.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    A man has been out fishing by the lake all day and hasn’t caught anything. He decides to just give up and call it a day, but on his way he notices an old man fishing but a few feet away from him. The man immediately notices the other fisherman has several buckets full of fish, then witnesses him reeling in yet another one.

“Excuse me, sir”, the man says, “I’ve never been able to catch much of anything around here. I’ve got to ask, what’s your secret?”

The old man pauses for a moment, then mumbles “hmmm mmmph mmm mmph mmm hmm mmmph”.

“I’m sorry, could you say that again?”

The man repeats, a little louder this time, “hmmm mmmph mmm mmph mmm hmm mmmph!”

“I-I still didn’t quite get that, sorry”

Finally, the old man picks up a plastic cup, spits a mouthful of live worms into it, and yells “Ya gotta keep your worms warm!”.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Took a friend and his 72 year old father this morning. He didn't catch many but we got to bs and get him out of the house. Good times had by all.

Top Bottom