• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I've not had any luck, in last few outings. Did see one Friday night while walking in, warm season grass prevented shooting.

Had several howl back but no commitments to the open . keep telling myself the best is yet to come.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've not had any luck, in last few outings. Did see one Friday night while walking in, warm season grass prevented shooting.

Had several howl back but no commitments to the open . keep telling myself the best is yet to come.
    Same here. I've heard a bunch in the last six times, but that's it.
    Heck, I'm not even hearing very many howls. I'm thinking the weather is at least partially to blame. Seems like we've been getting a wild swing about every other day, lots of rain and wind. Even the backyard deer aren't doing much.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Things really are slow this year! Hubby's been so busy building our daughter's house that he hasn't been out much but got a nice female night before last so I guess that makes 11!

He still hasn't ordered his thermal because all of the money is going into this house project, but it is still on the list. I might just have to do it for his birthday.

Putting the total here where it is easier to track. +1 = 11

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    It might start getting better, super bowl time always seems to be a good time for us, been letting the dog out at night and his nose is strait up sniffing into wind and hearing coyotes in the area. Don’t know if the females are in heat or not? I had a pack of coyotes try to lure my old dog out of the yard using a young coyote as bait to get him to chase it out in the field where it was dark and the rest we’re lying waiting. I spoiled that plan for them.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Was taking a short cut thru some farm lanes today No vehicles have been down em since Tuesdays snow. Found a young live one in a conifer. Called the CO, who investigated.He said nobody been around for days let alone in the last 24 hours. He put it down,and went to talk to land owner.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have at least two others on the cameras. One has something weird going on with its tail so it is easy to tell from the others.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    It might start getting better, super bowl time always seems to be a good time for us, been letting the dog out at night and his nose is strait up sniffing into wind and hearing coyotes in the area. Don’t know if the females are in heat or not? I had a pack of coyotes try to lure my old dog out of the yard using a young coyote as bait to get him to chase it out in the field where it was dark and the rest we’re lying waiting. I spoiled that plan for them.
    I think you may be right, should be getting close to the mating season.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think you may be right, should be getting close to the mating season.

Went tonight, and had a great time. Called 3 in, and watched them come to 150 yds through the thermal scanner. The second we flipped the red light on they were gone like the wind. My thermal scope cant get here fast enough. We spent another 20 minutes sitting talking in normal voices, and a pack blew up about 50 yards away, they never came in to our calls that we knew of.

All and all, it was a win.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Dan
    Went tonight, and had a great time. Called 3 in, and watched them come to 150 yds through the thermal scanner. The second we flipped the red light on they were gone like the wind. My thermal scope cant get here fast enough. We spent another 20 minutes sitting talking in normal voices, and a pack blew up about 50 yards away, they never came in to our calls that we knew of.

All and all, it was a win.
    Dang, that must have been crazy! At least you're seeing them. I haven't heard any, much less seen one, the last 3 weeks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Dan

Dang, that must have been crazy! At least you're seeing them. I haven't heard any, much less seen one, the last 3 weeks.

It was insane. We only went for an hour, but that could have easily turned into an all night ordeal. I haven't called at night since I was a kid, and we scanned with a spotlight all night while calling (not red light) and never saw a coyote. The only reason we saw any was my handheld LSXR, but I can tell once I get my riflescope, that will be the weak point in my setup.

I really don't know what its called, but the FLIR had to much shine. The whole image would go white if I looked at the skyline. I don't know if that is an adjustment issue, or a product issue, but I'm looking now.

Top Bottom