• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not necessarily. I think it may have been cancelled since SO MANY of the individual county fairs have been cancelled. It would not be a “fair” judging field for state titles.
    Exactly. 4H is pretty much out this year. Purdue made the rules such that it is all but impossible to show animals. Once 4H started canceling for fairs. the fairs themselves started canceling. The snowball just continued on to the state fair.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh this is just great. Now where am I going to get my yearly fix of deep fried food on a stick?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Around here they are setting up in the parking lots of local businesses on weekends. Look for your favorite on Facebook and see if they aren't doing the same around you.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Heaven forbid we actually look at epidemiology. Or actual science.

IKR.

At this point, it's less to do with govt. "dictators" and more to do with public perception.

Restaurants are open, but patrons aren't filling them.

No govt told our HOA we can't get bounce houses, but we still cancelled that.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Exactly. 4H is pretty much out this year. Purdue made the rules such that it is all but impossible to show animals. Once 4H started canceling for fairs. the fairs themselves started canceling. The snowball just continued on to the state fair.

Was it Purdue that made the rules?
    Or was it Chevy Chase MD that told Purdue what to say?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My guess is it was Purdue interpreting what the state said and translating it into rules.

We are heavily involved in 4-H and I have seen the source documents from Purdue. I don't know if 4-H National set forth requirements as mentioned above, but Indiana 4-H- Purdue Extension has fair requirements that far exceed anything the state has mandated or even recommended.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Around here they are setting up in the parking lots of local businesses on weekends. Look for your favorite on Facebook and see if they aren't doing the same around you.

We have about a half dozen fair type food trailers set up in Glenbrook Malls parking lot the last week. The one day I went by I bet there were 100 plus people there, they were busy. Good for them.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Kinda off topic, but I thought that if I ever hit the lottery and had enough to play with, I'd open a restaurant called County Fair and exclusively sell fair type foods all year. Seems like such a place might do pretty well.

Top Bottom