• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    If someone else wants to organize it, be my guest. Last time I had several people back out (here and elsewhere) and I ended up with 30 cases (23 left and I’m not selling!) and having to pull out of savings to pay the credit card charge. It’s a lot of work to do and while a few folks threw a couple extra bucks my way (much appreciated!) it just wasn’t worth the time and hassle.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    If someone else wants to organize it, be my guest. Last time I had several people back out (here and elsewhere) and I ended up with 30 cases (23 left and I’m not selling!) and having to pull out of savings to pay the credit card charge. It’s a lot of work to do and while a few folks threw a couple extra bucks my way (much appreciated!) it just wasn’t worth the time and hassle.

What was the GB cost per case vs buying a few cases on your own?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What was the GB cost per case vs buying a few cases on your own?

Looking at the old thread the price per case was $62. Some folks, me included, rounded that up to $65 to help defray the OP's cost for gas, etc. I emailed the company via the link I posted. They have 2019 production in stock with cases at $75.00 each. The price break kicks in at 48 cases (a pallet) dropping to $60 each. So yeah, it is a way better price but laying out the initial $2,880, driving to Evansville, picking up a 4' pallet cube of cases and distributing them, please do.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I clicked Snorko’s link. Sweet Potato Grape Smoothie and sunflower butter? What!!!!!

Not sure it'll be much worse then the "dairy shake" when it comes to the smoothie.
    I'm with you on sunflower butter. What happened to good old crackers and PB? Even the kids would enjoy the PB.
    I much preferred the ones with M&Ms vs Skittles (can't do Skittles) and now it looks like you don't get a candy at all. What's with that?
    Those mints were always good to turn to a sticky blob and epoxy some stuff together in the pack by the time I got to them too. If they aren't included, I'm happier.

Anyway, if someone pulls the trigger, I'd do a refresh on a couple boxes and give this sunflower thing a try.
    After that glowing review about organizing previously from Shibumi, I'm not holding my breath.

portercounty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Porter County
    I inquired last week with the sales rep. She sent me an email saying their 2020 current inventory+ future supply is going to a govt contract and it'll likely be 2021 sometime before they can sell any to the public. Similarly, prices for their products at the ready store doubled last week as well.

Top Bottom