• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just received a letter via USPS from MCF&G. Seems they are updating their systems and "new gate computer components" and want to make sure they have correct info or they will be turning off cards.

The letter requests Name, card number, and mailing address, along with an emergency phone number and email address.

It provides dates by which dues are due (1/1/2016) and when they have to be be paid (4/2/2016) to avoid additional $50 initiation fee. It also indicates if the new system cancels the card that you will have to come to a monthly meeting and pay an additional $10 to get it restarted and working again. I'm not sure if the new system will do that on 4/2/2016 or sooner?

It also does not state the amount of the dues, and whether an additional letter will go out with that info. I'm assuming from the web site ( MCFG Indy Range - Memberships Available, How to Join, Dues ) that renewal is still $110, however having that info in the letter would be great.

I did not see until I completed the form and sealed my return envelope (that I also stamped) that the letter requested filling out the form and mailing it along with dues.

Will there be another letter providing exact amount of dues, etc or is this it? If this is it, will this http://www.indyrange.org/media/2014_MCFG_Membership_Application_1.28.14.pdf be updated with the new info/address to submit dues to?

Having a letter with the renewal amount on it would be beneficial for me, as I turn in range membership expenses to my employer for reimbursement, but need some documentation to do so. I can use a PDF from the website, but it should be updated.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't believe any Board Members are on INGO, best to send your questions through the MFCG website. I got the same letter, I going to send in my $110.00 since that is what is on the website.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I just received a letter via USPS from MCF&G. Seems they are updating their systems and "new gate computer components" and want to make sure they have correct info or they will be turning off cards.

The letter requests Name, card number, and mailing address, along with an emergency phone number and email address.

It provides dates by which dues are due (1/1/2016) and when they have to be be paid (4/2/2016) to avoid additional $50 initiation fee. It also indicates if the new system cancels the card that you will have to come to a monthly meeting and pay an additional $10 to get it restarted and working again. I'm not sure if the new system will do that on 4/2/2016 or sooner?

It also does not state the amount of the dues, and whether an additional letter will go out with that info. I'm assuming from the web site ( MCFG Indy Range - Memberships Available, How to Join, Dues ) that renewal is still $110, however having that info in the letter would be great.

I did not see until I completed the form and sealed my return envelope (that I also stamped) that the letter requested filling out the form and mailing it along with dues.

Will there be another letter providing exact amount of dues, etc or is this it? If this is it, will this http://www.indyrange.org/media/2014_MCFG_Membership_Application_1.28.14.pdf be updated with the new info/address to submit dues to?

Having a letter with the renewal amount on it would be beneficial for me, as I turn in range membership expenses to my employer for reimbursement, but need some documentation to do so. I can use a PDF from the website, but it should be updated.

Same here. No dues amount and is adamant about having it back by Jan 1st or get penalized and it just arrived in my mail today.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same here. No dues amount and is adamant about having it back by Jan 1st or get penalized and it just arrived in my mail today.

Yep, it won't be back by Jan 1 for sure. April was always the drop dead date previously, and the letter is less than clear on several things.

I sent an email to the membership email address on the MCF&G site at the same time I posted, with similar to what I provided in the post above.

We'll see what I get back.

Interesting that MCF&G pays to be an advertiser on INGO but may no longer have any presence here (?).

The website needs to be updated with the new address to send the dues to as the PDF renewal letter on the site still has a Carmel address and the letter provides a PO box in Speedway.

Last edited:

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Dues and paperwork can also be dropped off at the club, deposited in the guest fees slot. That's my plan to do on the 31st if we don't get better clarification.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Letter says that payment is due by 1/1 (got mine on 12/28!) but the initiation fee is incurred if not paid by 4/2, so it looks like 4/2 is the drop-dead date, similar to previous years.

I hate being critical, as being an officer in an organization like MCFG is a thankless task, but somebody spent a lot of time writing that letter with pitiful results. Didn't anyone read it before it was mailed?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Letter says that payment is due by 1/1 (got mine on 12/28!) but the initiation fee is incurred if not paid by 4/2, so it looks like 4/2 is the drop-dead date, similar to previous years.

I hate being critical, as being an officer in an organization like MCFG is a thankless task, but somebody spent a lot of time writing that letter with pitiful results. Didn't anyone read it before it was mailed?

Agreed, I don't really want to complain either for the reasons you stated, but seems like they could have easily enclosed an updated version of the letter from last year, along with some additional info about getting address info updated. The letter barely mentioned submitting dues with the returned letter, and at first read, I thought it was just requesting information updates before the dues letters went out.

If we could provide address updates, etc on the internet (being able to pay that way would be great as well, although I know there is some expense involved in that) it would make things even easier (for all involved).

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I spoke with a Board member"
    • Dues are $110.00
    • You have until 4/2/2016 to pay your dues
    • If you are going to mail the dues than mail it to the Speedway PO Box that is listed on the information update form you recieved.

The website will be updated today.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I spoke with a Board member"
    • Dues are $110.00
    • You have until 4/2/2016 to pay your dues
    • If you are going to mail the dues than mail it to the Speedway PO Box that is listed on the information update form you recieved.

The website will be updated today.

Outstanding. Thank you for the follow up!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Top Bottom