• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Bad news everyone. The sales rep from Ameriqual said they sold the last of their inventory on a very large order that came in last week (something like 1200 pallets the lady said), so until they do the new production run we're SOL on this group buy (yes, I did call to verify they had them in stock before I started this). She said probably March at the earliest. This is why I don't want to run these things with people paying up front! So I am going to shut this one down and when they have the new production run in the spring I will try again. I have no idea if the price will be the same. I'll start a new thread then but give people the opportunity to be in the same order as this list (but no one will be obligated unless they confirm then).

I've had a lot of folks asking about this lately, and since the trauma of doing the last one (4 pallets total!) has faded in the memory, I am going to do another one. Please also note: if you are one of the people who left me holding the bag on any of the previous buys, you are ineligible for this one. The lists of who paid up with no problems and who was naughty are on the threads for those buys.

Please read this entire post. I am NOT RESPONDING TO PMs that ask a question that is answered here, and I am NOT taking orders via PM. I want everything about this out in the open where everyone can see. This buy will also be posted in other sites so I will put tallies for orders for the other sites (and various people I know IRL who buy) here.

Read all about these here:

https://www.readymeal.com/store/home.php

Please note these are not the military packaging and the arrangement of the menus is a little different, but the food inside and the individual food packaging is the same just in the civilian outer packaging (Ameriqual makes the military MREs). These are December 2012 production which is the most current production run there is, and have been stored at the Marengo underground warehouse at a constant 54f. They won't do another production run until their current inventory is sold.

I will buy the pallet(s) UP FRONT and ONLY collect money once I have MREs in my possession: no lynch mobs showing up at the Ranch because I've been holding money for several months like happened to a certain member here a while back. Obviously this means I would have the risk of not everyone making good on their promises to buy and I could potentially be stuck with extra cases of MREs. Thanks to Profire last time for buying the half-pallet I had left over.

So, here's how I'm going to run it: I will buy a pallet or two if there is interest. That's 48-96 cases. WHEN I have the MREs in my possession I will collect payments via paypal+3%, or cash/check. No checks during in-person pickups, and only once a check has cleared will the MREs be released. Once you have paid, your username gets written on the case(s) and they are yours until the supply chain can get them to you. Payment will be within 2 weeks of my having the pallet(s) in my possession. I am buying these on my credit card and I do not like to carry a balance on the card.

Since I am buying these up front it's going to be first come, first served. ie, you post IN THIS THREAD, "I want 2 cases" then you have committed to buying 2 cases. Until I actually have possession of the pallet you can change your mind or quantity. If you cannot make good on your interest (this means actually paying for them) within 2 weeks of when I have MREs in my possession, then you go to the end of the line for availability. Last couple of times I had people jerk me around with "check is in the mail" including someone who ignored the repeated PMs requesting payment then got huffy a couple months later when they were sold to someone else.

Sorry to be a hardass but I can guarantee there are at least a few folks who will have unexpected expenses and won't make good on their commitment. I try very hard not to be that kind of person and I have little patience for others who do it.

If I am stuck with 20 extra cases of MREs at the end, I will be selling them for a profit here or elsewhere. To be clear, if you get in on the buy early, I am not making any profit at all. The only way I would profit from this deal is if I end up getting stuck with a bunch of people backing out once I have paid for them and there's not enough people standing by with requests at which point I'll be selling the remaining ones at a higher price.

Retail per-case price from Ameriqual is $69.99 plus tax and shipping. The group buy price is $59 per case flat out. This covers my mileage driving there and back at the government rate which for my truck is low and tax.

As far as distribution, it's up to each purchaser to pick them up or arrange the supply chain to pick them up. I am in Bedford and Bloomington most days during the week and get down through Louisville every month or so. I would be picking them up in Evansville and can meet folks down south the day I pick them up, and once every couple months or so I get up to Indy. I am NOT going to be a delivery service running around the state as I can spend a bunch in gas for something I make no money doing. You can arrange for someone else to pick yours up. All details of these transactions will be made public on this post so there is no question.

I will ship them for the actual shipping costs+$2 for making me spend the time to look up shipping costs and swing by the terminal. Most times it's $18-20 for shipping ConUS. so PLEASE don't ask me to spend the 10-15 minutes of time it takes to go back and forth with you because you didn't give me an address to ship to when I look it up and then have to deal with plugging that information into the UPS or FEDEX site unless you are serious.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Supply chain and/or area:
    LockStockAndBarrel Bloomington->Michiana
    SmileDocHill Indy-Westfield
    Snorko Evansville area
    Vert Seymour area
    Jamine Ft Wayne area
    Crocodator Indy-west

First Pallet
    Sam (personal friend): 5
    Elsewhere: 2
    Me: 2

LockStockAndBarrel: 3
    Glock: 6
    SmileDocHill: 8
    Snorko: 2
    HKfiend: 2
    Irishfan: 3
    KittySlayer: 2
    Vert: 4
    Jblomeberg16: 1
    jamin: 3
    GLOCKMAN23C: 2
    bcannon: 1
    brianheeter:2

Total: 48

Wild Deuce: 4
    Crocodator: 2
    kpt: 4
    Hop: 1
    FreeFAL: 2
    Mcolson181: 6
    GSquared: 4 ->Vert
    GNRPowdeR: 2 -> Vert will pickup
    SpaldingPM: 4 -> GLOCKMAN23C will pick up
    churchmouse: 2
    AttackMonkey: 4
    Davebone42: 5
    9mmfan: 1 -> lockstockandbarrel
    DougBarnes101: 4 ->GLOCKMAN23C
    goldtrigger: 2
    SEMI-AK: 3

Total: 98, 2 pallets spoken for.

Waiting list
    Dusty88: 2

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Locks&b... depending on your payload capacity, I'd be happy to get (greater indy /whoever wants me to) some from you and "hold" them in Westfield. For the central Indiana guys that Westfield would be closer. Sorry, really poor sentence, I'll clean it up when I have a minute & I'm not trying to use my phone.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I will take two cases and can meet Mark in Evansville when he picks them up. I also will gladly help coordinate picking up for other folks around evansville if it helps.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I will take 3 cases

If someone can get them to the Indy area then I would be glad to arrange pick up there or I can arrange other options if need be.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Two(2) cases.

If anyone is trucking any up to Fort Wayne area that would be great. Otherwise I will have to send the cash when due and may be a few weeks until I make it south to pick up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Tagged because I might want some more. Need to check the dates on some I have stored away. Probably time to eat up the old ones.

Edit: Put me down for 2 cases. I will pick up both mine and jblomenberg's at the same time. Would also be willing to shuttle some product over to Seymour.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom