• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Its not official but it seems its on the books the first weekend in June next year. At this point it was said its a 2 day format.
    I missed the last 2 and I plan on making this one for sure.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's always a great match. Gary and his Owenboro crew do the best 3-gun/multi-gun club matches in the region, and the state match is always first rate. My problems in the past is that they've been too long. I almost expired on the range last year!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I did a couple of down and back day trips for monthly matches a couple years ago. Its a very long day especially if you climb the hill a couple times.
    The really nice thing about their club is they build props and walls etc. and can leave them as needed. Most clubs have to set up and tear down in a window of time. At least thats the way I think it was. Dont think I will drive 4+ hours, shoot a match and 4+ home all stinky and wore out. Its a overniter or nothing for me now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did a couple of down and back day trips for monthly matches a couple years ago. Its a very long day especially if you climb the hill a couple times.
    The really nice thing about their club is they build props and walls etc. and can leave them as needed. Most clubs have to set up and tear down in a window of time. At least thats the way I think it was. Dont think I will drive 4+ hours, shoot a match and 4+ home all stinky and wore out. Its a overniter or nothing for me now.

I've done the trip quite few time, but I've only stayed overnight for the state match. You have half an hour farther each way, though.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

Do you soak your socks in gasoline???;)

Lordy, I've had to drive/ride back after Area matches from Atlanta Georgia and Fredricksburg Virginia this year.

It's an adventure, especially when Jake's driving...

But, you do get back to work on time.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Lordy, I've had to drive/ride back after Area matches from Atlanta Georgia and Fredricksburg Virginia this year.

You're welcome!!

(although the return trip from ATL was mostly driven by Bill, I was sleepy)

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Now I feel really bad. I need a beer.

Top Bottom