20 round 350 Legend mags for Ruger Ranch Rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Hey everyone,

Quick question. Will 20 round 350 Legend AR style mags made by Duramag work in Ruger American Ranch Rifles? I know the 10 rounders will, but I saw some 20s on Gunbroker I thought about buying but I'm not sure if they will work. Anyone have experience with these?

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Curious to see the responses would seem odd for Ruger to break from their tradition. Mini 14 case in point the factory Magazines in various capacities work well am not so much.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Curious to see the responses would seem odd for Ruger to break from their tradition. Mini 14 case in point the factory Magazines in various capacities work well am not so much.
    The 10 round Duramag I got from Ruger works great. I would think the 20s would work but I was hoping someone on here might have some experience.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    No direct experience, but no I don't believe they will. One of the main drawbacks of the mini series.

The 20 round mini 30 mags work in the American Bolt Rifles. I would assume the same between the 223 Ruger American/Mini.

___Sorry Didn't read the question right. Ignore my response.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    No direct experience, but no I don't believe they will. One of the main drawbacks of the mini series.

The 20 round mini 30 mags work in the American Bolt Rifles. I would assume the same between the 223 Ruger American/Mini.

___Sorry Didn't read the question right. Ignore my response.
    I appreciate it! I have my reservations about the .350 because of the issues discussed about the Mini series.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I appreciate it! I have my reservations about the .350 because of the issues discussed about the Mini series.
    While in the minority not referring to those on INGO with the proceeding comment.

Understanding there are a lot of Keyboard Warriors out there, having first hand experience with the Late Model Mini I can say they are an excellent alternative and in some way a superior alternative to an AR. Think oh I am so scarred of that Assault Rifle, you know that is what AR stands for. Which is clearly a demonstration of someone’s wanting willful ignorance.

Regardless My Mini 14 and 30 when utilizing American Brass Ammo have been flawless and reliable workhorse. And they often fall victim to the keyboard warriors that wish to support the opinion that there choice is the only choice and if you do not agree with it you must be an idiot.

But I would not discount the Mini Platform solely on internet commentary.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hey everyone,

Quick question. Will 20 round 350 Legend AR style mags made by Duramag work in Ruger American Ranch Rifles? I know the 10 rounders will, but I saw some 20s on Gunbroker I thought about buying but I'm not sure if they will work. Anyone have experience with these?
    If the 10rd AR magazine works the 20rd will also. They will have the same mag well.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    While in the minority not referring to those on INGO with the proceeding comment.

Understanding there are a lot of Keyboard Warriors out there, having first hand experience with the Late Model Mini I can say they are an excellent alternative and in some way a superior alternative to an AR. Think oh I am so scarred of that Assault Rifle, you know that is what AR stands for. Which is clearly a demonstration of someone’s wanting willful ignorance.

Regardless My Mini 14 and 30 when utilizing American Brass Ammo have been flawless and reliable workhorse. And they often fall victim to the keyboard warriors that wish to support the opinion that there choice is the only choice and if you do not agree with it you must be an idiot.

But I would not discount the Mini Platform solely on internet commentary.
    I'd love to have a Mini at some point! I'm pretty happy with the 350 so it'd be neat to see a Mini in that.

Top Bottom