• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'd sent a mod a message via outside INGO channels and told them I'd be locked out and to just ban or delete my account so it wasn't used as a scam. I don't use the email address I used when I signed up here any longer and I'm not downloading an app. If you turn on 2 factor, just ban me.

To combat scammers why not just require:

A photo of the actual item along with a handwritten note containing "INGO / DATE / USER NAME" on it.

Recommend everyone contact my voice call before agreeing to mail something or to do in person transactions.

After that, it's on the buyer. That's what the car related classifieds I've been involved in have done.
    For Information Only - TexKev, when I sent an e-mail, it was Responded to and Assistance Offered & Timely Given - Stand Up and Credible Response - Thank You Sir

Wow, it's NOT Yesterday but what the Hell. - Quite a SHOCK Yesterday to be Locked Out without a Warning Shot, even the Gal Friend Mumbles Obscenities before throwing my Crap out onto the Street.

THEFT, BIDEN and Lying Thieves seem to be a Sign of the Times.
    I did NOT at first comply because I thought it was a Phishing Attempt, then my Choices were Fake Book & Google.
    Face Book accounts are Hacked everyday and I've read that Google is If NOT Number 1 to being a Hacker/Spammers Wet Dream.

Again, NOT Knocking TexKev, when I sent an e-mail, it was Responded to and Assistance Offered & Timely Given -
    Stand Up and Credible Response - Thank You Sir

Deals, Sales, Trades on the forum. I've been around the Sun about 25,800 times and Ive learned a few things on those trips.
    NEVER send CASH, NEVER Give Access to Your DEBIT or Banking INFO, Deal with Credible sources that YOU have Identified to YOUR SATISFACTION.
    IF I were to make a deal, I make Personal Contact, I meet and Exchange Item for Cash. IF Distance is a Problem, it depends on how bad I desire the item. I may drive 5+ hours each way.
    I've sold MC items thru another unrelated forum, Ebay and have Never had a Problem there. MC Members there are what INGO members once were.
    TIMES have CHANGED.
    Name INTEGRITY sadly has all but Disappeared..
    Times are Different, I'll admit but I surf on a laptop.
    Cell Phone use for me is ONLY for Telephone or Text Messages - NO INTERNET Use. IF 2-step means Verify with a Cell every Password Attempt then sadly I'll have to forgo INGO.
    I'm NOT Against ID Verification but I am Against unnecessary Intrusion, Government or Private.
    Secret Handshakes always Worked.
    Maybe Use a different ID method for Classified Ad Sales use or treat the Folks as Adults - BUYER BEWARE.
    I've met many Good Friends here at INGO, Not all are here now.
    A Changing of the Guard do to Father Time.

I've Walked through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I'm Locked, Loaded and Mentally Aware that there is EVIL in this world and Not everyone has Good Intentions or Thoughts for You or Me.

MONEY is the ROOT of ALL EVIL.
    Accept PERSONAL Responsibility
    Be Honorable in Thought and Deed
    Tomorrow this will be FORGOTTEN and
    ALL will be Well with the World
    Be SAFE, STAY SAFE, LIVE for TODAY because
    TOMORROW is NOT PROMISED

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK then.

Those of us that went through all that, (without throwing tantrums, :rolleyes:) should we keep this turned on or turn it off?

:)
    Turned on. Use MFA whenever you can. Passwords get stolen/cracked all the time. I get a list from the dark web emailed to my team every day when the service finds new breaches. Any email addresses associated with my domains are sent so we can change passwords. I get a minimum of 5 users a day out of 2,000 accounts that were found in a breach, list of passwords for sale, etc.

It only nags you once every 30 days. So its not bad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Turned on. Use MFA whenever you can. Passwords get stolen/cracked all the time. I get a list from the dark web emailed to my team every day when the service finds new breaches. Any email addresses associated with my domains are sent so we can change passwords. I get a minimum of 5 users a day out of 2,000 accounts that were found in a breach, list of passwords for sale, etc.

It only nags you once every 30 days. So its not bad.
    Will do.

As always, thank you for your professional advice!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Give out my info to a strange place to check if I've been compromised?

Is that place collecting info on people?
    No. You just put in your email and they tell you if that email
    Appears in the list of compromised accounts.
    On that note, I know my bank does this. Use a username when you can vs your email as a user ID. A common attack is a spray attack. They find your email/password combo on one hacked site and try using that combo everywhere in hopes you use the same email/password everywhere. If you use usernames (if allowed) it reduces the chances of compromise.

Top Bottom