• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    As to the split season they grant a couple of advantages (besides the free for a month trials I did not think of till I read them here)

One Christmas break. People are busy at Christmas time and some still think Nelson ratings make a difference and it does if the show is driven by advertising revenue.

Two NFL season and the Daytona 500. (Well NASCAR killed itself but this was true before). The Christmas season and NFL season's end (college bowl games) playoffs and Super Bowl) once again Nelson ratings matter and many eyes will watch overpaid athletes play games over a tv show with overpaid actors playing games.

Three word of mouth and time to catch up on what came before the end of the year. "Sally and her husband watch 1923 each week" "it snowed let make some popcorn and see why sally watches it"

The split season has two end points or what they call now the mid season finale.

Tv shows normally start in the fall and finish before spring because that's when people are in front of the TV more. These generalizations now longer hold true because we almost all now hold screens in our hands.

As to 1923 I myself love the safari tents and have been planning on building me one to live in as a summer home. (Since the wife won't want to I am more into doing it).

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    As to 1923 I myself love the safari tents and have been planning on building me one to live in as a summer home. (Since the wife won't want to I am more into doing it).
    With your handle, I would have thought that you'd be crashing in much nicer digs than a safari tent. Just sayin'.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I'm assuming most are watching the Taylor Sheridan programming on Paramount+, another good watch on the network but not one Taylor Sheridan is involved with is Joe Picket. It's based on the CJ Box novels about a Game Warden that frequently finds himself doing detective work.

I've been really impressed with the amount and quality of the content on P+ so far, especially the TS stuff. The app itself on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.
    I really like Joe Pickett too. I just happen to see it on Paramount+ one night and decided to try it. Went through it really fast. Waiting for the next season to come out.

blueskies

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I'm assuming most are watching the Taylor Sheridan programming on Paramount+, another good watch on the network but not one Taylor Sheridan is involved with is Joe Picket. It's based on the CJ Box novels about a Game Warden that frequently finds himself doing detective work.

I've been really impressed with the amount and quality of the content on P+ so far, especially the TS stuff. The app itself on the other hand, leaves a lot to be desired.
    Hey your inbox is full, trying to PM ya

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Another great Taylor Sheridan show is Tulsa King, with Stallone as the lead. It’s currently only 9 episodes, but season two is already in the works. Very entertaining, funny and somewhat violent. Well worth watching, and I don’t say that about many new shows.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Watched the first episode last night and liked it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Woohoo.
    Started watching Tulsa King last night. Pretty good so far.
    We like that too. I don't know when they'll be putting out new episodes again. I just saw where part 2 of season 5 for Yellowstone will start sometime this summer.

ETA: A second season of Tulsa King has been confirmed but no release date yet.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We like that too. I don't know when they'll be putting out new episodes again. I just saw where part 2 of season 5 for Yellowstone will start sometime this summer.

ETA: A second season of Tulsa King has been confirmed but no release date yet.
    Are they not airing all of season 5 weekly?

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Finished watching Tulsa King last night. It’s that good if someone’s on the fence about it. I’m glad this thread made me look at that one! The “General” is back!
    We just finished it last night also. Really liked it and will keep watching. Just hate waiting for the new season with these shows. I'm ready for season two now. At least we have a new episode of 1923 for tonight.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Watched all the episodes this last weekend and its pretty good. I liked 1883 for the most part but Yellowstone just didn’t grasp me.

Not sure how many more episodes they have planned for 1923 but it’s been good so far. Anyone watching this one?

I liked 1883, but found it to be a struggle to get through the first episode of 1923 and haven't bothered with the other three episodes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I liked 1883, but found it to be a struggle to get through the first episode of 1923 and haven't bothered with the other three episodes.
    You should give them a watch IMO. We like the series, but I just watched episode 5 last night and I'll admit (without giving too much away) that I had to fast forward through some of the more violent scenes revolving around the Indian girl and the "Indian school". Catholics may be offended. I just couldn't watch.

Top Bottom