• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poweruser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2021
    Dyer
    Grew up a glock fan but wasnt ever the most accurate with them... one time i borrowed a friendsn 1911 and i was dead eye dick from 15 yards putting a whole mag into a neat little circle... i was jealus how easy it was shoot 1911

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Anytime I see a Standard Mfg item, I feel this one warrants another look. One of my favorite possessions, due to where it came from.

I rescued it from a man who had PP (pimp pearl) grips on it. Oh, the horror!

Just kiddin Tim. You know I love you man, and always hoping and praying for the best for you and yours.

Furnace is purring like a kitten too.

View attachment 164614

View attachment 164615

Have you ever noticed the face in the grain right below the thumb safety or is it just me. Some kinda Rorschach thing.
    Very nice pistol

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Have you ever noticed the face in the grain right below the thumb safety or is it just me. Some kinda Rorschach thing.
    Very nice pistol

I can't say that I noticed any faces, but then again, I gave up the Wild Turkey a couple years ago! :@ya:

Actually, I do see it, kinda, with a long flowing beard, maybe. Weird, that.

I would have preferred more dark color in the grips, and I may refinish them in the future with a little dark dye to tone them down. They're still a little bright against the dark shiny steel, for my taste.

I did notice that my grip screws are not "regulated" (lined up) on one side. Surprised CM has not called me out on that!

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Got my first 1911 (RIA 9mm) and finally got to shoot it yesterday. Right away I am hitting 30 yard silhouette repeatedly. I love this gun! Definitely will be getting a .45 version at some point. I like the 9 because its the only pistol ammo you can be sure to find for a reasonable price.

I have a stainless barrel bushing and a stainless hammer on the way. I don’t like the RI logo on the slide. Would have much preferred it have been engraved in the slide like colt and most of the others. That logo looks cheap. In the world of 1911s it IS cheap but that logo bothers me. Makes it look like a toy in my opinion.

I want it to be two tone. Stainless or nickel slide and black frame and grips. Im noticing stainless slides are half the price the gun and are more difficult to find in 9mm vs .45. Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced slide?

The slide thats on it is incredibly smooth. Parts fit together really well and I am worried a new slide may not fit as well as the one that came with it. Would I be better off having the slide thats already on it stripped and cerakoted? Im thinking this might be a better idea for both cost and fitment. Thoughts? Anyone have a cerakoted slide they want to show me? How much was it?

05b28e3b69d3aac5c7b638daaf8f985e.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin

I have a stainless barrel bushing and a stainless hammer on the way. I don’t like the RI logo on the slide. Would have much preferred it have been engraved in the slide like colt and most of the others. That logo looks cheap. In the world of 1911s it IS cheap but that logo bothers me. Makes it look like a toy in my opinion.

I want it to be two tone. Stainless or nickel slide and black frame and grips. Im noticing stainless slides are half the price the gun and are more difficult to find in 9mm vs .45. Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced slide?

The slide thats on it is incredibly smooth. Parts fit together really well and I am worried a new slide may not fit as well as the one that came with it. Would I be better off having the slide thats already on it stripped and cerakoted? Im thinking this might be a better idea for both cost and fitment. Thoughts? Anyone have a cerakoted slide they want to show me? How much was it?

I use Caspian stainless slides exclusively on my builds. You can order them with the features you want like specific sight cuts. They aren’t cheap but save time for a gunsmith to do it later. They require fitting. Cerakote is a option that’s a lot less expensive. Contact AllenM at Diamond Collision in Avon. He does Cerakote work and knows his way around a 1911.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Definitely contact AllenM. If you look at the picture I posted above you can see Allen’s machine and ceracoate work on both. He just does stellar work.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Anytime I see a Standard Mfg item, I feel this one warrants another look. One of my favorite possessions, due to where it came from.

I rescued it from a man who had PP (pimp pearl) grips on it. Oh, the horror!

Just kiddin Tim. You know I love you man, and always hoping and praying for the best for you and yours.

Furnace is purring like a kitten too.

View attachment 164614

View attachment 164615

Beautiful 1911!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Allen is going to hook me up I think. Did he do the silver one? Whats the name of that color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He did the machine work and color on both of them. I don't know the name of the color but you could show him the picture and he will know. The bottom one started out as a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. The only Springfield parts left on the gun were the frame, slide and barrel. All of the internals were upgraded.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Got my first 1911 (RIA 9mm) and finally got to shoot it yesterday. Right away I am hitting 30 yard silhouette repeatedly. I love this gun! Definitely will be getting a .45 version at some point. I like the 9 because its the only pistol ammo you can be sure to find for a reasonable price.

RIA did at one point have a big logo on the slide and a lot of people did'nt care for it so they went with the smaller logo.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    b7b842da0bea4b840390456ecccc892c.jpg

I found a magazine at the gun store today marked 9MM 1911 A1 FS. Fits great. Im digging through the case of used magazines and I find these Wilson Combat 1911 9mm Magazines for $20ea. They look a little short but I buy them anyway. Of course they don’t fit. They are apparently to a compact model. I am going to put them on eBay. I don’t want to just put 1911 9mm and then end up having a buyer upset they don’t fit. Anyone know what model Wilson Combat these are for?

If you want these message me.

c48d5ea1347e7bb8da7b3b9254aa9b01.jpg

d288bb9af01bd4d86471c743cd617acf.jpg

Top Bottom