• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I came across this 1911 without knowing much about it other than it was a custom gun from 1966. Turns out it is customized by Ikey Starks at Sports West in Denver, CO. They are semi-famous for a custom gun they did called the Chuck Taylor Commando Special. This is before that gun line came out, but it is quite a piece.

The bluing on the slide is very shiny, but turning plum colored. From what I understand, that isn't unheard of from the 60's.

The frame is satin nickel and I had to do some cleaning to get the nickel back looking good and the checkering cleaned out. It could still use some work, but I don't want to go crazy.

5DKunar.jpg

ECISUDZ.jpg

hnuogi4.jpg

aofUZQA.jpg

IMRYzlp.jpg

Z4yi5hi.jpg
    Nice gun, at one time that would have been considered state of the art. Based on the style and parts looks around a late 70's early 80's style.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    My long time friend owns/operates Badger creek.
    Couple of buddies and I stopped in one day. They were the absolute epitome of what I think a local gun store should be! Their hospititality for 3 guys just browsing really impressed me. Their inventory is classy and comprehensive, at the same time. Their knowledge and willingness to teach is the best I've ever experienced. All that, along with my being taken with the 1911, caused me to return and buy the gun. One of the buddies that was with me on that first day, is on his way there now to buy.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Anytime I see a Standard Mfg item, I feel this one warrants another look. One of my favorite possessions, due to where it came from.

I rescued it from a man who had PP (pimp pearl) grips on it. Oh, the horror!

Just kiddin Tim. You know I love you man, and always hoping and praying for the best for you and yours.

Furnace is purring like a kitten too.

Standard 2.jpg

Standard 1.jpg

Top Bottom