• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    IANAL but pretty sure it not being assembled doesnt matter to that alphabet soup. Its called Constructive Possession. The only way to stay legal would be to keep the parts physically separate so its not possible for you to assemble it into an NFA item. Like put the bad parts in a bag and give it to somebody to hold, take it to the office and put it in your desk/locker, etc.

But I wouldnt sweat it. You're more likely to win the lottery than have them chase you down over something so trivial.
    If new parts are coming just pitch the old ones.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    IANAL but pretty sure it not being assembled doesnt matter to that alphabet soup. Its called Constructive Possession. The only way to stay legal would be to keep the parts physically separate so its not possible for you to assemble it into an NFA item. Like put the bad parts in a bag and give it to somebody to hold, take it to the office and put it in your desk/locker, etc.

But I wouldnt sweat it. You're more likely to win the lottery than have them chase you down over something so trivial.
    So if I have an 9.5" upper on a pistol disassemble it and set it on the table at a range next to a rifle lower, they could get me for an SBR?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So if I have an 9.5" upper on a pistol disassemble it and set it on the table at a range next to a rifle lower, they could get me for an SBR?
    Remember my qualifier... But its been discussed here before. If you have a pistol lower to go with it, no. If you have no pistol lowers then yes. (EDIT: Because why would you have an upper if you arent planning to use it? And if you dont have a legal way to use it, the only way it could be put to use is on a rifle lower. And without His Lordship's permission, its illegal.)

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Remember my qualifier... But its been discussed here before. If you have a pistol lower to go with it, no. If you have no pistol lowers then yes. (EDIT: Because why would you have an upper if you arent planning to use it? And if you dont have a legal way to use it, the only way it could be put to use is on a rifle lower. And without His Lordship's permission, its illegal.)
    Don't wanna hijack this guys thread, but will one pistol lower cover multiple uppers or is it one per?

Ever tell you how much I hate govt interference?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don't wanna hijack this guys thread, but will one pistol lower cover multiple uppers or is it one per?

Ever tell you how much I hate govt interference?
    Depends on how much you **** them off. I could see it being one charge for each upper you dont have a lower for. So if its two identical uppers with one lower, one charge.

I could see you being able to argue markedly different uppers used interchangeably. So having a 4" and a 10", or a 10" with irons and a 10" with glass.

But then again Im a reasonable person. Not sure about them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AllenM has offered a class on 1911 triggers in the past. May be something right up your alley. I know I'd love to take one....if the stars ever align.
    Not seeing this happening again.
    well not with my involvement anyway.
    it was a lot of effort and time to put this on. But the feedback was very positive save for 1 guy but hey….:dunno:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not seeing this happening again.
    well not with my involvement anyway.
    it was a lot of effort and time to put this on. But the feedback was very positive save for 1 guy but hey….:dunno:
    Well I thought your explanation was a little vague.

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    New parts came yesterday. Installed without any issues. Had to fit the safety. Shot 6 magazines with no issue. Changed the recoil spring and shot 6 magazines with no issue. Since I didn't mess with the hammer I tossed the old sear and disconnector. Not comprehensive but for now no more Brrrr.

Now about those few rounds that don't feed correctly...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    New parts came yesterday. Installed without any issues. Had to fit the safety. Shot 6 magazines with no issue. Changed the recoil spring and shot 6 magazines with no issue. Since I didn't mess with the hammer I tossed the old sear and disconnector. Not comprehensive but for now no more Brrrr.

Now about those few rounds that don't feed correctly...
    "Magazines"......?????

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Springfield OEM, Metalform and Wilson combat. Round goes in too steep and catches on the top of the chamber.
    Where at in the mag.
    early middle or last???

good mags by the way.
    is it every mag or random.
    mid one jacks a round drop it mark it abs take it out of rotation until you get the bad seeds see out. If it’s random on any mag there is other issues.
    I would ask if there could possibly be a limp wristing on occasion but I will not question your manhood….

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Where at in the mag.
    early middle or last???

good mags by the way.
    is it every mag or random.
    mid one jacks a round drop it mark it abs take it out of rotation until you get the bad seeds see out. If it’s random on any mag there is other issues.
    I would ask if there could possibly be a limp wristing on occasion but I will not question your manhood….
    Man manhood is not that fragile. I shoot a DOA 629 so I have sufficient grip strength but it's possible I'm relaxing my grip so I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to label the mags and start logging the failure. Thanks for the suggestion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man manhood is not that fragile. I shoot a DOA 629 so I have sufficient grip strength but it's possible I'm relaxing my grip so I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to label the mags and start logging the failure. Thanks for the suggestion.
    It’s a process and I luvs me some 629’s

Top Bottom