• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    While cleaning my 1911, noticed the link pin sitting on the table. First thought was, WTF is that, then how the hell did that happen? It had just fallen out. Was cleaning another one next to it by the same manufacture and it seemed nice and tight.

The broken one has just over 500 rounds through it so it's still covered under warranty but I just hope I can just send the barrel back to get it fixed.

Any thoughts to why it should happen.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    They can come loose , the pin in my MC Operator is loose but does not effect function of the pistol once reassembled. I need to get it fixed eventually :abused: , probably just finally go ahead and have a threaded barrel fit at this point. My current barrel has got to have at least 10k rounds through it by now.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    While cleaning my 1911, noticed the link pin sitting on the table. First thought was, WTF is that, then how the hell did that happen? It had just fallen out. Was cleaning another one next to it by the same manufacture and it seemed nice and tight.

The broken one has just over 500 rounds through it so it's still covered under warranty but I just hope I can just send the barrel back to get it fixed.

Any thoughts to why it should happen.

The link pin in my WWII Remington Rand falls out sometimes, but it's got untold thousands of rounds through it. Just put it back. It can't come out when it's in the gun, only when you have the barrel out of the frame.

Paul 7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2023
    Bloomington, IN.
    If you are handy and have some knowledge of tools plus a assembly block, you can stake it in place. Not much is needed as the barrel lug, pin and toggle are captured in the frame of the gun. I use a small punch ground out of a nail set to a sharp point. Do both sides lightly.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    They fall out very commonly - especialy on Colt guns. It's just sloppy tolerance numbers. It doesn't harm anything - when the gun is assembled that pin cannot go anywhere. Just don't lose it - or go ahead and stake it in. It is not a "defect" - it's mass production.....

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    They fall out very commonly - especialy on Colt guns. It's just sloppy tolerance numbers. It doesn't harm anything - when the gun is assembled that pin cannot go anywhere. Just don't lose it - or go ahead and stake it in. It is not a "defect" - it's mass production.....
    What's funny is that in all the 1911's I have handled, shot or owned, this was the first time this ever happened. I was even the unit armorer with the 82d for a bit in the 80's so I've seen a bunch. Had ZR Tactical take care of it

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    What's funny is that in all the 1911's I have handled, shot or owned, this was the first time this ever happened. I was even the unit armorer with the 82d for a bit in the 80's so I've seen a bunch. Had ZR Tactical take care of it
    What was ZR's solution? Did they stake the existing pin? Install an oversized pin? Weld it in place? Something else?

Top Bottom