• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That is some very fine work! To me, being more of a woodworker, it's just amazing to see what you can do!

Question; Do you do the dehorning by hand? The sections I see the blue dye on?

yes that is by hand

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It’s built to be shot. No kid gloves needed.

We probably won’t roll it around in the mud for torture testing but it’ll be ran. Oh yea!

I figured.... but I wanted to show the proper respect for such an American beauty ! :patriot:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Other than the fact that this is a work of art with functionality, is there a way to quantify the improvement in accuracy?

Also, with the tolerances being tightened up does this affect the running of the pistol when it gets dirty? What about ammo selection? Do they become more or less finicky about ammo choices?

I read these threads and sometimes think I'd like to get some work done on mine for aesthetics, I'll admit, but also for functional gains.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Other than the fact that this is a work of art with functionality, is there a way to quantify the improvement in accuracy?

Also, with the tolerances being tightened up does this affect the running of the pistol when it gets dirty? What about ammo selection? Do they become more or less finicky about ammo choices?

I read these threads and sometimes think I'd like to get some work done on mine for aesthetics, I'll admit, but also for functional gains.

While I have not rolled them in the mud intentionally I have shot extremely high round counts without cleaning in ones I used for competition with no issues. The tighter tolerances remove a lot of wasted energy as the gun cycles, the gun shoots much smoother.

A ransom rest would do wonders for testing wish I had one. The gun is very accurate though. correct build tolerances and quality parts all but guarantee that.

I put approx 100 rounds through this yesterday as a final test, It ran flawless with hollow points and ball, very accurate and half way through I was like, oh this is a 45. It is just that pleasant to shoot.
    Actually I said that was the las test fire but I grabbed another box of ammo this morning just incase it needs more testing...sorry mcapo :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I have not rolled them in the mud intentionally I have shot extremely high round counts without cleaning in ones I used for competition with no issues. The tighter tolerances remove a lot of wasted energy as the gun cycles, the gun shoots much smoother.

A ransom rest would do wonders for testing wish I had one. The gun is very accurate though. correct build tolerances and quality parts all but guarantee that.

I put approx 100 rounds through this yesterday as a final test, It ran flawless with hollow points and ball, very accurate and half way through I was like, oh this is a 45. It is just that pleasant to shoot.
    Actually I said that was the las test fire but I grabbed another box of ammo this morning just incase it needs more testing...sorry mcapo :)

Used gun discount........:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Thanks Allen. I still have that RO that you did a little work on. Maybe when I get done "optimizing" my other firearms, I'll take a look at doing some more to the RO. CM informed me that the slide was loose so there's that.:)

Cleaning off the roll marks would be fun and checkering the front strap so I can lose the skateboard tape would be a couple more things to do.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks Allen. I still have that RO that you did a little work on. Maybe when I get done "optimizing" my other firearms, I'll take a look at doing some more to the RO. CM informed me that the slide was loose so there's that.:)

Cleaning off the roll marks would be fun and checkering the front strap so I can lose the skateboard tape would be a couple more things to do.

LMK

Top Bottom