• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flameout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    Corydon
    Got my 1911 back from an engraver. She stripped the black parkerized factory finish. I did some light sanding and polishing in preparation for bluing.

However, I like the semi-polished bare mild steel (not stainless) look because I think the engraving will show up more than in blue.

Does anyone know if a clear Cerakote or other clear topcoat will stick to it or will it need to be abrasive blasted again for adhesion? Thanks.

Attachments

• 1911.jpg
      1911.jpg
      698.7 KB · Views: 67

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Got my 1911 back from an engraver. She stripped the black parkerized factory finish. I did some light sanding and polishing in preparation for bluing.

However, I like the semi-polished bare mild steel (not stainless) look because I think the engraving will show up more than in blue.

Does anyone know if a clear Cerakote or other clear topcoat will stick to it or will it need to be abrasive blasted again for adhesion? Thanks.
    As long as it is degreased well, you shouldn't have any problems

Flameout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2023
    Corydon
    I don't have any experience or an answer to your question, but do you know of anyone in the area to do the cerakote?
    I've talked with K2 precision gunsmithing in Georgetown and First Line Gunworks on State St in New Albany.

They both do Cerakote. K2 has a lot of examples of their work in the shop. Haven't seen anything from First Line, only talked with him.

Top Bottom