• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I personally want another season of 1883 .
    Had me hooked then poof it ended.
    We all do, but it appears that Taylor Sheridan plans to tell the back story of the Duttons in installments named by the years. We all loved 1883, 1932 is coming, and speculation is an 1894 (guessed year) will come along.

Then we have the spin off four sixes with Jimmy from Yellowstone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all do, but it appears that Taylor Sheridan plans to tell the back story of the Duttons in installments named by the years. We all loved 1883, 1932 is coming, and speculation is an 1894 (guessed year) will come along.

The only story they did not show any ending to was the Duttons after the spot for the ranch was set in death and a promise.
    The gypsylady the Herman and captain have new paths to follow.
    Well not so much the captain. His trail ended as he said it would.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why so many believe that TS will tell more of that story. We do know the Duttons survive and have another son, we saw that in Yellowstone.
    True. And I wonder if the Indian they were burying was the one that put Elsa in the medicine mans hands.

"Do you have a doctor...???

"no"

I will get you a Doctor"

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The last episode was a tear jerker, for sure.
    My question: Was Sam the Indian already in Heaven on his horse when Elsa appeared on Lightning to lead her into Heaven???

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I am really not wanting to go negative here but I will not be around to see that if they wait that long. My stop watch is running.
    Just know I want to see it. Like Yellowstone. If it is a November release date it's a dice roll for me.
    Not Boo-Hooing just looking through clear lenses.
    You`re not going anywhere you ol` coot!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    There are more episodes of 1883 coming, although they won`t commit to a second season. I`d suppose that means just a handful more episodes strewn around? Personally, I dislike that. I feel that the way it ended with the group getting to their destination made it a clean cut, and then, let`s move on to the 1932 segment, but that`s just me.

As much as I love Yellowstone, I actually like 1883 more. I like the character of Tim McGraw's character better than Kevin Costner's character, and I suppose I like the more raw nature of the way they make their living in 1883. The raw nature of the Yellowstone series troubles me at times and that`s the raw nature of the characters. The characters in 1883 seem to be more ethical, the raw nature shows itself in the way they survive, NOT in the way they maneuver their way through their circumstances.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Your link says what I said, that there will not be more 1883, but rather more prequels. I tend to listen more to the words of the guy that creates it than to assistant producers…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

View attachment 208017
    They changed the name. It was to be 1932, now it is 1923.

“It was originally announced under the name 1932, suggesting the show would be set during the Great Depression. However, Paramount changed the name and has confirmed the series will be set at the end of World War I and the start of prohibition. It takes place around 35 years before John Dutton III - the Yellowstone lead played by Kevin Costner - was born.”

Top Bottom