• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I read the story, and find it sort of odd that California has the most "patriot extremist" groups. California? Really?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I don't really recognize the terms "hate group" or "hate speech". They are in opposition to Free Association and Free Speech. Both illegitimate spawn of the PC movement.

Brian 45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not suprising that this comes from CNN. Equally not a suprise that Christians especially Catholics are identified with these groups since they are those that are most likely to be against what the current government is all about. Sad such a list even exists.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Not suprising that this comes from CNN. Equally not a suprise that Christians especially Catholics are identified with these groups since they are those that are most likely to be against what the current government is all about. Sad such a list even exists.

Well....the Christian Identity group is anything but a simple religious group. Years ago I read their material requested by inmates in a facilty I worked at and they encouraged approaching white employees for favors and even trafficking for blackmail purposes.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    People still take the Klan seriously? They were arrested for littering here when they put leaflets in peoples' yards.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    Quoted the last paragraph of the article....

"The country needs to do better," Potok wrote in an editorial. The Department of Homeland Security, he said, needs to act to avoid a repeat of the kind of hate-based violence the nation saw in the 1990s.

WTF?? The only hate based violence I remember from the nineties originated from our very own government at Waco and Ruby Ridge to name a couple.

And why is it the only time we have "problems" with fringe groups is when a Democrat resides in the White House? I don't remember all this silly drama over fringe groups when Bush II was in office. This is a replay of the Clinton years without a Waco or Ruby Ridge, at least not yet anyway.

GBN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Brown County
    That legislation came near a period of infamous and deadly anti-government violence in Waco, Texas; Ruby Ridge, Idaho; and Oklahoma City, "and led to the first wave of the patriot movement," the report said.

Last I checked, Waco and Ruby Ridge weren't anti-government movements. They were just cases of jack booted tax men killing innocent people over someone not paying a fee, or the stock of their shotgun being 3/8" too short. Oklahoma City wasn't exactly anti-government either, per se. It was more of a move against members of the Bureau of Ninja Suited Taxmen.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Last I checked, Waco and Ruby Ridge weren't anti-government movements. They were just cases of jack booted tax men killing innocent people over someone not paying a fee, or the stock of their shotgun being 3/8" too short. Oklahoma City wasn't exactly anti-government either, per se. It was more of a move against members of the Bureau of Ninja Suited Taxmen.

I mostly agree with you regarding Waco and Ruby Ridge cannot agree with your apologist statement regarding Oklahoma City. That was domestic terrorism plain and simple committed by people who wished to engage in a war with the federal government.

GBN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Brown County
    I mostly agree with you regarding Waco and Ruby Ridge cannot agree with your apologist statement regarding Oklahoma City. That was domestic terrorism plain and simple committed by people who wished to engage in a war with the federal government.

I may have come across the wrong way about the OKC bombing. I agree that it was an act of domestic terrorism, there's no doubt about that. My opinion on the motivation behind it though, is that it was a retaliation against the government for Waco and Ruby Ridge. I'm not trying to apologize for Timothy McVeigh's actions, I'm just stating my opinion on what I believe his possible motivation was for it.

Top Bottom