• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I'm looking to use these for ICORE I need to make 120 min power factor in a 38 special. I will be running them through a S&W 686and have been playing with different powders. So far I have made it with only 1 and that was CFE pistol. I have not tried Titegroup yet but have run clays and 231.I need to be around 1000 fps to make it 1050 would be better. I will probably pick up some 158's but I have 1500 of these I'd like to burn up.
    If you have a 125 pet load let me know.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    For my Action Pistol load (Bianchi Cup), I use 7 grains of AA#5 with Zero 125gr JHP. You also need 120 PF for Action Pistol. This chronos around 1030fps out of my ported 681 Frank Glenn Bianchi gun. I got the load straight from Accurate Arms, by calling them. I use a lot of Clays for pistol and shotgun, but Clays is too fast for the kind of load you are looking. Max loads with Clays will give you 937fps. They do not list Clays for +P loads. CFE looks to be a little slower than AA#5, so it should be fine.

For my 158gr loads, I use 3.4 grains of Red Dot with Zero 158gr LRN and 3.0gr Clays with Zero SWC. They should each give around 800 fps and are accurate. I use the LRN in my 5" 627 for Steel Challenge and ICORE. The SWC load is used in my distinguished revolver load at Camp Perry and general plinking. I like the lead loads because they are easier on the bore. Hope this helps.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    For my Action Pistol load (Bianchi Cup), I use 7 grains of AA#5 with Zero 125gr JHP. You also need 120 PF for Action Pistol. This chronos around 1030fps out of my ported 681 Frank Glenn Bianchi gun. I got the load straight from Accurate Arms, by calling them. I use a lot of Clays for pistol and shotgun, but Clays is too fast for the kind of load you are looking. Max loads with Clays will give you 937fps. They do not list Clays for +P loads. CFE looks to be a little slower than AA#5, so it should be fine.

For my 158gr loads, I use 3.4 grains of Red Dot with Zero 158gr LRN and 3.0gr Clays with Zero SWC. They should each give around 800 fps and are accurate. I use the LRN in my 5" 627 for Steel Challenge and ICORE. The SWC load is used in my distinguished revolver load at Camp Perry and general plinking. I like the lead loads because they are easier on the bore. Hope this helps.
    Kinda what I was thinking. I have not used any Accurate powder and your right the clays is just too fast. The CFE works but it is not a cheap powder to get the 1020 I'm at 6.0 grains. I was looking to save some powder I run coated bullets for my USPSA and steel challenge load. I'm going to try ICORE and had these 125 bullets from years ago and was going to use'm up. Thanks for the info.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Once you get done with those 125s, try some 158 RN or SWC with around 3 grains of Clays. Nice load and uses half the powder. Should give you around 2333 rounds per pound. Less pressure on the gun and less friction in the barrel. All around good way to go. Have fun with ICORE.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Yea I used to run nothing but 158's. I got away from the wheel gun and bought the 125's to train my daughters with. now they are running other guns and I started back shooting again and the guy running the steel match rekindled the old flame. The safiriland comp 3 loaders are a far cry from the old sks loaders I used to run hahaha.
    worked on my reloading this evening on the range. Rusty to say the least lol I don't care anymore I enjoy the company and glad I can still play the game even though I'm much slower than I was 35 years ago.

Top Bottom