• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    According to Reuters (via the Sun -- in London), a man in East London put together the perfect plan for proposing to his girlfriend: Put the ring in a helium balloon and then "pop" the question.

Cute, right?

However, he ran into trouble -- he lost grip of the balloon as he exited the shop and it floated away. He says he chased/searched for the balloon for two hours before giving up. I would too, if I were him -- it was a $12,000 ring.

However, that's not even the clincher. I'll take it directly from the poor sap's mouth:
    "I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said. "But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."

Um, what?! Dude, if your girl is upset because you lost a ring YOU PAID FOR by accident, maybe she isn't the one. Maybe she was joking, but you don't joke about losing a $12,000 ring.

Maryann James

baltimoresun.com - BaltAmour: Perhaps that's a sign.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    if i was going to pull that stunt that string would be double knotted on something

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    indyninja... Agreed!

I'd have the balloon filled and then I'd put it inside a heavy duffel bag or something. No way would I be walking around like a little kid with the balloon tied to my wrist... Or worse yet, just holding the string!

This guy sounds like the type that gets what he deserves...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Different world, different folks.

Now me, if I had 12K to buy a ring, I'd buy a 2K ring and spend the rest on a Barrett semi-auto 50 BMG with a nice piece of glass on top.

Top Bottom