• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Sunday, November 20, 2022, is the last USPSA match of the year at WVPPS.

We are posting this a bit early because we're trying to get a headcount for the post-match meal. If you plan on staying after the match, please post on this thread and/or indicate on the Practiscore sign-up so we plan accordingly.

Sign up on Practiscore: https://practiscore.com/wvpps-november-2022/register

Set up begins at 8am sharp - We appreciate any and all setup help.
    Registration opens at 9:45 am
    Shooters meeting at 10:45 am
    First shot right after the shooters meeting

There will be 6 stages. Round count should be around 160 (if you don't miss). Classifier will be CM 99-11 "El Presidente".

Cost is $17 for WVPPS members and $20 for non-members. ROs, women, and juniors shoot for $10.

Post-match meal for those who wish to stay after the match is cleaned up. If you plan on staying after the match, please post on this thread and/or indicate on the Practiscore sign-up so we can plan accordingly.

Sign up on Practiscore: https://practiscore.com/wvpps-november-2022/register

WVPPS operates as a Cold Range during USPSA events.

WVPPS shoots at Riley CC: Riley Conservation Club | Indiana Shooting Range | Terre Haute Indiana

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    We have decided to cancel this match. Turn out looks low and the forecast doesn't look all that promising either. Thanks to everyone for a great year. Hope to see more of you next year.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I am afraid USPSA is seeing a slow DEATH in Indiana. Every club in Indiana has had to cancel matches because of Low turn out and no help.
    Just asking. I haven’t shot USPSA since before Covid. For me I stayed away mostly because every match was almost 200 rounds. I get it I love shooting as much as anyone here but what’s thoughts on a few matches with 100 ish round days? Would that draw more back? IDK just asking everyone’s thoughts

Reactions: DHD

oldschool1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2020
    midstate
    Just asking. I haven’t shot USPSA since before Covid. For me I stayed away mostly because every match was almost 200 rounds. I get it I love shooting as much as anyone here but what’s thoughts on a few matches with 100 ish round days? Would that draw more back? IDK just asking everyone’s thoughts
    IDPA might be for you. The round counts are less than 100, and they shoot through the winter, weather permitting.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    IDPA might be for you. The round counts are less than 100, and they shoot through the winter, weather permitting.
    I shoot IDPA and even attempted to run a club at Riley but poor attendance because a lot of issues (and a large part by someone trying to help that did more harm than good with other IDPA members another story)

Just simply asking some USPSA members for their thoughts on if lower round counts would bring more shooters back. In the late 1990’s at Riley 100 rounds would get you through a pretty decently tan match.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    I shoot IDPA and even attempted to run a club at Riley but poor attendance because a lot of issues (and a large part by someone trying to help that did more harm than good with other IDPA members another story)

Just simply asking some USPSA members for their thoughts on if lower round counts would bring more shooters back. In the late 1990’s at Riley 100 rounds would get you through a pretty decently tan match.
    To my knowledge, noone is sitting every month choosing whether to participate based on 100 or 150 rounds. If you are and you see this. Drop a line. All the MD read Ingo and we'd like to know

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    IDPA is what I shoot and 95% of the time with a moon clipped revolver, have trouble counting past six. Been shooting IDPA since around 2005 or so and the matches have changed over the years and IMHO not for the better.
    With the price of gas and the prices of ammo and/or components makes things a lot more expensive than it used to be. Not just the money but I look at my earlier days and liked those matches more than now. In the last few years all the COF's have turned into maximum rounds mandates. You very seldom see a COF with less than 16 rounds and a lot are at the 18 rounds maximum.
    Besides the cost I would like to see shorter COF's, yes that does make a revolver more competitive. IDPA started as "defensive" pistol with real world scenarios which are from what I read are usually close up and fairly low round count. Appears there are a majority of shooters that want to shoot a lot of rounds so that is what match directors cater to. And I do understand that but in a 5 or 6 COF monthly match or a 10 or more COF major match it would be nice to have one COF with a low round count.
    I will shut up now but longbeard asked so there it is. At my age I don't plan to branch out from IDPA so take my opinion for what it is worth. Jim.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    As a mediocre IDPA shooter, I know inflation certainly was on my mind this past year. I enjoy the major matches but gas, match fee, and motel expense made me decide to stay home.

IDPA seems to be almost extinct in West Central Indiana. If it wasn't for the Riley Carry Gun Matches I was only shooting at home. ECS686 thanks for your efforts on Riley IDPA. You ran good matches.

I like to shoot. Handloading helps me do that. I was thinking a few weeks ago that USPSA may be where us local shooters need to circle the wagons to survive this economy. I am willing to try it if they will let me shoot.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    As a mediocre IDPA shooter, I know inflation certainly was on my mind this past year. I enjoy the major matches but gas, match fee, and motel expense made me decide to stay home.

IDPA seems to be almost extinct in West Central Indiana. If it wasn't for the Riley Carry Gun Matches I was only shooting at home. ECS686 thanks for your efforts on Riley IDPA. You ran good matches.

I like to shoot. Handloading helps me do that. I was thinking a few weeks ago that USPSA may be where us local shooters need to circle the wagons to survive this economy. I am willing to try it if they will let me shoot.
    We would love to have you at any USPSA match.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I doubt anybody is saying “I’d go to this match, if only it were less than 100 rounds”, but during Covid when there was zero ammo available the difference between 2 boxes for one of Coach’s 80-rd carry-gun matches vs. 4 boxes for a 160-rd USPSA match was a factor in deciding which matches I’d go to. Now that I can buy ammo agan, it’s not a deal- breaker. (Conflicts with other family activities and weather are the make-or-break factors for me.)

I could see how for a new shooter that’s used to buying 1 box at a time for a range session they could be put off by having to go spend 4 boxes on a match. IIRC, the question of round counts came up back then and the majority of shooters on here wanted to make their travel time worth it by having full round counts. Personally I liked conserving the ammo a bit, but I’m driving less than an hour to get to the matches.

Top Bottom