• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't see where any of these have been shipped yet, I figured at least some would have hit GB now. S&W always used to have a policy of not announcing something until they were in the pipeline.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Pre Order $619

Pre Order $609

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'll be getting the 4" model and swapping out the suppressor height sights for standard height. No interest in an optic. Not sure why S&W didn't go with a 4" and a 5" model, instead of 4" and 4.6". Velocity is the name of the game in 10mm for lots of folks, and both Glock and Springfield Armory have models available with longer barrels. Maybe there will be an M&P Hunter model or something later on with a barrel of 5" or longer.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    A little google search and I came across this. I thought some others might find it interesting.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No G19 sized option. Their smallest M&P 10 right now is full size grip, 4" barrel. So basically G45 size. Or G19x size, without the coyote poo paint job.

Do want. :)
    I'm definitely interested. I want to get my hand on one before I buy to see if the grip fits my hand. If it's to short, and my little finger hangs off I'll pass. Can't stand not having a full grip on my handguns.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm definitely interested. I want to get my hand on one before I buy to see if the grip fits my hand. If it's to short, and my little finger hangs off I'll pass. Can't stand not having a full grip on my handguns.
    Full size grip. Same frame as the full size M&P 45, and same height as all of the full size M&Ps.

Comparison with the Glock 20:

MP10 vs G20.PNG

Attachments

• MP10 vs G20.PNG
      MP10 vs G20.PNG
      462.9 KB · Views: 11

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So this is just a generally observation on my part about S&W striker fired guns, but why does it always seem like the Shield always gets the new "better" triggers first in the M&P line.
    I'd like to see sales numbers for the Shield line vs the standard size M&P 2.0 models. I'm betting that they sell a lot more Shields than full sized pistols, hence the focus on improvements for their best sellers first. Might be wrong, but I think there are a lot more Shields as EDC guns than the larger models.

I really like the new style trigger on my Shield Plus, but not sure I'd swap my compact and standard sized 2.0 models for a 3.0 model if the only improvement was the new trigger. The standard 2.0 trigger is pretty good, and still better than any Glock factory trigger. Might be talked into a new trigger upgrade on my 2.0 models if it's a drop-in.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'd like to see sales numbers for the Shield line vs the standard size M&P 2.0 models. I'm betting that they sell a lot more Shields than full sized pistols, hence the focus on improvements for their best sellers first. Might be wrong, but I think there are a lot more Shields as EDC guns than the larger models.

I really like the new style trigger on my Shield Plus, but not sure I'd swap my compact and standard sized 2.0 models for a 3.0 model if the only improvement was the new trigger. The standard 2.0 trigger is pretty good, and still better than any Glock factory trigger. Might be talked into a new trigger upgrade on my 2.0 models if it's a drop-in.

Is there a 3.0 or do you just mean the 2.0s with flat faced trigger? Don't the full sized 2.0s have the same trigger as the shield 2.0?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Is there a 3.0 or do you just mean the 2.0s with flat faced trigger? Don't the full sized 2.0s have the same trigger as the shield 2.0?
    Well dip me in gravy, they did release some 2.0 with the flat face trigger! Looks like it's only the new optic ready models though, not the standard ones. The 2.0 standard models don't have the flat face trigger, I guess they are doing that upgrade to the new optic ready models and keeping the 2.0 moniker.

I'd have thought that they would call them 3.0, since, you know..."new" model = more $$$ from people who have to have the latest and greatest. Gaston knows this, he has created a few "new" models with a bandsaw and a marketing team.

Wish I could get a new 10mm M&P without the optic cut and suppressor height sights. But the sights are easy enough to change, if I can find some good standard height sights. Will probably go with Dawson Precision fiber optic non co-witness sights for the C.O.R.E. models, which should fit the new optic ready 2.0 models.

Top Bottom