• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Springfield makes a XDm in 10mm.........
    Got it. I’m kinda “meh.”
    With the exception of custom builds, there’s only a few stock 10mm weapons that have been built I don’t own. Yet.
    I have tried to love 1911s. I have repeatedly tried over the years over many thousands of rounds and I haved owned a dozen or more and I have yet to find a stock 1911 I have ever warmed up to. I have shot other folks’ highly tuned rigs and I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into them, but I still never warmed to them.

By a factor of ten or more I have put more rounds through Glocks than any other centerfire pistol and they just work for me, especially in 10mm. Even so though, I still prefer almost every other striker and DA/SA pistol I own over 1911s, and I own several 1911s.
    The whole fanboi crap, whether 1911 or Glock, is stupid, and being dismissive of other people’s choices and preferences is equally dumb.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Got it. I’m kinda “meh.”
    With the exception of custom builds, there’s only a few stock 10mm weapons that have been built I don’t own. Yet.
    I have tried to love 1911s. I have repeatedly tried over the years over many thousands of rounds and I haved owned a dozen or more and I have yet to find a stock 1911 I have ever warmed up to. I have shot other folks’ highly tuned rigs and I can appreciate the craftsmanship that went into them, but I still never warmed to them.

By a factor of ten or more I have put more rounds through Glocks than any other centerfire pistol and they just work for me, especially in 10mm. Even so though, I still prefer almost every other striker and DA/SA pistol I own over 1911s, and I own several 1911s.
    The whole fanboi crap, whether 1911 or Glock, is stupid, and being dismissive of other people’s choices and preferences is equally dumb.
    Shoot what fits your personal style and what you are accurate with and leave it at that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :dunno:

Strangely, there are a lot of folks who don't have trouble with Glocks. Hmm.

Seems as if there are folks who are quite offended when the G-word is brought up at all?

Wonder if the folks recommending their working knowledge and experience are just making it all up and lieing to mess with those that are in the anti-G-word crowd?

:scratch:
    There are a lot of folks that don't have problems with their various Tauruses, too - and yet that doesn't stop the haters

And the Tauruses (from the period that I have in my collection) weren't ugly. Glocks were born ugly and that hasn't changed
    :stickpoke:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :dunno:

Strangely, there are a lot of folks who don't have trouble with Glocks. Hmm.

Seems as if there are folks who are quite offended when the G-word is brought up at all?

Wonder if the folks recommending their working knowledge and experience are just making it all up and lieing to mess with those that are in the anti-G-word crowd?

:scratch:
    I'm certainly not anti-Glock. There are still 3 in the stable and these three have given me no issues. My issues with Glocks come from folks that hold them up as the greatest gun ever created and feel compelled to crap on other gun types as being inferior publicly. If you read the book 'Pre-suasion', you will appreciate the brilliance of Glocks marketing and see how that impacts owner bias.

If Glock had chosen a different marketing strategy, I think that they would be appreciated for their simplicity and reliability but not held in any greater regard than other polymer guns. You don't see M&P, XD or Walther owners doing fanboi crap, yet those are excellent designs that don't require a dremel tool to fit the human hand.

Glocks are a simple, reliable gun but are not arguably better than most others. Most Glock owners modify their guns to get them right for use with trimming the trigger guard, improving sights or choosing a different connector. Lots of other guns don't need that.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm certainly not anti-Glock. There are still 3 in the stable and these three have given me no issues. My issues with Glocks come from folks that hold them up as the greatest gun ever created and feel compelled to crap on other gun types as being inferior publicly.
    -Snip-
    I agree.
    I've owned several Glocks through the years, still own several, and though they reliably function, when I bought them they were "entry level" priced for the amount of money I had to get onto the 10mm and .357 Sig platforms.
    PLUS if I have any trouble with them, Glock will stand behind them.

Kind of like the original Volkswagen Beetle, it's a car, it'll reliably get you there, but you'd rather be driving something better if you could afford it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm certainly not anti-Glock. There are still 3 in the stable and these three have given me no issues. My issues with Glocks come from folks that hold them up as the greatest gun ever created and feel compelled to crap on other gun types as being inferior publicly. If you read the book 'Pre-suasion', you will appreciate the brilliance of Glocks marketing and see how that impacts owner bias.

If Glock had chosen a different marketing strategy, I think that they would be appreciated for their simplicity and reliability but not held in any greater regard than other polymer guns. You don't see M&P, XD or Walther owners doing fanboi crap, yet those are excellent designs that don't require a dremel tool to fit the human hand.

Glocks are a simple, reliable gun but are not arguably better than most others. Most Glock owners modify their guns to get them right for use with trimming the trigger guard, improving sights or choosing a different connector. Lots of other guns don't need that.
    Heh, like I said....

;)

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I agree.
    I've owned several Glocks through the years, still own several, and though they reliably function, when I bought them they were "entry level" priced for the amount of money I had to get onto the 10mm and .357 Sig platforms.
    PLUS if I have any trouble with them, Glock will stand behind them.

Kind of like the original Volkswagen Beetle, it's a car, it'll reliably get you there, but you'd rather be driving something better if you could afford it.
    Or kind of like a Little Caesar’s Pizza not really a great Pizza but gets the job done.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I say shoot whatever works for you, although I must confess I have no problem needling the G Fanbois any chance I get. I really have no basis for that though. I have never owned a G"any number" and have only shot a G19 once in my life. So unimpressed I never saw the need to waste money on one.

As for a 1911 in 10mm, I bought the RIA TAC Ultra and immediately bought six 9-round Wilson Combat mags for it. So far, have never had a problem with it. It has a proud place in my gun safe along with my other 1911s, CZs, Sigs, and Rugers. I see no need to deviate from a winning combination.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Need some feedback. I have had poor “Luck” with 1911 10 MMS feeding. Two well known brands. Both extremely reputable and certainly not inexpensive. My question is does anyone use 45 ACP mags for 10 MM?
    They seem to cycle ( At home-have not tried at a range)
    Will it hurt anything?
    Please let me know your thoughts.
    thanks in advance
    Update- Had a local smith work his magic. Tuned extractor, polished chamber, feed ramp, ejector and slide stop. my TRP Operator fired 200 flawless rounds. Sucks Springfield let this leave the Mother Ship. More proof Illinois Sucks.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have a Glock 40 that I love. BUT........ I want a 1911 in 10mm. Can I like them both or do I have to pick a side? :dunno:
    I like the Rock Island Ultra and the Springfield RO Elite. I have wanted a Remington R1 10mm Hunter Longslide's in the Burnt Bronze color for a long time, but never bought one. I don't know if Remington will start making those again or not.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a Glock 40 that I love. BUT........ I want a 1911 in 10mm. Can I like them both or do I have to pick a side? :dunno:
    I like the Rock Island Ultra and the Springfield RO Elite. I have wanted a Remington R1 10mm Hunter Longslide's in the Burnt Bronze color for a long time, but never bought one. I don't know if Remington will start making those again or not.
    Yes, you can have both.
    The Glock 40 (I own one myself) for an entry level old Volkswagen Beetle type pistol that reliably goes "bang!", and the 1911 10mm for the nicer Cadillac type pistol. :)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Don't overlook Ruger for a budget priced 10mm 1911. I have one and feed it a steady diet of very stout handloads as well as a ton of .40ish loads. It has been utterly reliable very accurate and fairly handsome. Unless you just don't like Ruger and thats OK too

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes. Own what you want and run what you like. It’s that simple.
    pass on anything Remington in a 1911. Seen some problems. JMHO

Top Bottom