• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    When I look Federal's 9BP 115 gr JHP and see it's got an 82% one shot stop record, that actually doesn't tell me much. But when I look at 382 shootings, 317 stops and 82% stopping record, I know that it's a round with a proven record in real world shootings.

I agree with this. Here you are basically saying "this ammo has been used in significant number of shootings. It seems to have worked well in most of the cases we know about." That's totally reasonable.

Where I think people go wrong with the M&S info is when they say "I've been using Master Blaster 9mm, and it has 92% one shot stops. But I just found out that Acme Ammo .40 has 94% one shot stops. So I'm selling my 9mm and buying a .40"

To the OP - sorry for the drift and good choice with the XD. For me, they have the best grip feel and trigger of any of the polymer guns. I think you will like it.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Just like I always say, "anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice." Supposing that one shot did stop an assailant dead in his tracks, the situation has already escalated to the point where deadly force is necessary, in which case he may have stopped, but I won't. If there is ever a situation where it becomes necessary to shoot another person, I'm going to continue firing until the attacker is on the ground motionless.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Just like I always say, "anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice." Supposing that one shot did stop an assailant dead in his tracks, the situation has already escalated to the point where deadly force is necessary, in which case he may have stopped, but I won't. If there is ever a situation where it becomes necessary to shoot another person, I'm going to continue firing until the attacker is on the ground motionless.

Dang strain dog. Them punks gotta' pay. :draw:

Top Bottom