• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I just got my first 10mm I picked up some 200gr HSTs to try out but I want some hot loads like the old Normas. Any recommendations for some ghost pepper level spicy factory loads or reload data?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    For right now I just have a RIA 10mm 1911 we just bought a house and have another bun in the oven so money is tight. I hope to upgrade in the future but this will get my feet wet. The neighbor has one too and has been feeding it a steady diet of buffalo bore so I might see what hes been using. I'm gonna look through underwoods offerings tonight and see what's out there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    In all honesty, if you're chasing performance in 10mm and want to actually shoot the thing without going broke, you NEED to start reloading.

Get a fully supported barrel to baby the casings, get the right recoil spring weight for your chosen performance level, and start dialing in a load. It seems overwhelming at first when you're buying components, but really... Find a bullet company that makes inexpensive hard casts you can buy by the hundreds, grab some longshot powder, Lee dies, and pick a reasonable press that has some creature comforts.
    Powder measure and scale will be where you want to invest the most money.

I recommend longshot because it can be used to chase power in almost any handgun cartridge. It's hyper versatile stuff which makes it great for starting out. 800X is what most people go for specific to 10mm to chase that last 1% better gain.

You can be off to the races pretty quick, for a lot less money than you think, and have all the power you've ever wanted out of 10mm.

Buying buffalo bore to go shooting regularly is a rich man's thing.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I plan on reloading once I have some brass built up I'm hoping to pick up some 800x aa#9 and blue dot this weekend. I have some long shot in the garage to use. Until then I'm playing with the factory stuff...and going broke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We stocked up deep on Underwood and Sig ammo for our 10's before the insanity. We do not reload.
    Since the medically induced sell off we have put some love in a fun ammo cabinets along with some quality 10mm 1911's.
    Last of the ammo leaves next week.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I helped one of my guys at work with some stuff and to pay me back he bought a box of the liberty civil defense 60gr 2400fps rounds and dropped them off to me today. Not sure I'd carry them but they will definitely be interesting to play with.

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Larry County
    I helped one of my guys at work with some stuff and to pay me back he bought a box of the liberty civil defense 60gr 2400fps rounds and dropped them off to me today. Not sure I'd carry them but they will definitely be interesting to play with.
    I just looked these up. I had never heard of a projectile that small in a 10mm case! 2400fps Wowzer!

Last edited:

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    If you shoot only high powered 10mm rounds then the range sessions will be very expensive. I have Double Tap bear loads that cost $1.50/round. What I did is to bring 10 or 15 rounds of DT to make sure the gun functions well when needed. Then for the rest of the session I shoot cheap 180GR 40 S&W. Before anyone flames me, my 10mm gun shoots 40 S&W regularly, and 10mm only occasionally, and there has never been a problem. If you shoot 38 spl in a 357 revolver regularly, then you should not worry about shooting 40 S&W in a 10mm pistol. Not only would this save a lot of money, but also you shoot a lot better due to the lower recoil.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom