• ...and so much more!
  • indydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    camby
    Longshot, 800X and Bluesdot are go tos
    10.5 gr of bluedot 180 gr hornady xtp or hoosier bullets 180 gr powdercoated
    flat point shoot well in my XDM

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Longshot, 800X and Bluesdot are go tos
    10.5 gr of bluedot 180 gr hornady xtp or hoosier bullets 180 gr powdercoated
    flat point shoot well in my XDM
    Thanks. I have some XTPs that were just delivered. I also have some 180 Berry’s that I plan to reload. I have longshot and blue dot now too. I need to buy some 10mm brass. Like everyone else, I’m on the lookout for primers.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks. I have some XTPs that were just delivered. I also have some 180 Berry’s that I plan to reload. I have longshot and blue dot now too. I need to buy some 10mm brass. Like everyone else, I’m on the lookout for primers.
    800x will give you the highest velocity of any powder out there.

Here is my worked up load data. Remember start with what the book calls for and with these high performance rounds i suggest 0.1 grain increments. I only loaded 10rds at a time and tested. That way I only have8 or 9 rounds to pull if I run into problems.

The below data was out of my Glock 20sf factory barrel. Yes hard cast bullets are just fine in Glock barrels.

Now with my RIA Ultra FS 10mm with a 5" barrel I can push a little higher because it has a supported chamber. I couldn't go any higher with the load I have here without Glock smiles on my brass. Basically destroyed them.
    1656413125169.png

10mm
    CCI Magnum LP
    9.6gr 800x
    200gr WFNGC Hard Cast
    COL: 1.59
    FPS: 1258 @ 15 feet from muzzle
    Energy: 702 Ft Lbs
    4.5" barrel

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    Anyone mention Power Pistol? It’s my favorite in 10mm. I don’t know what my load is off band but I know it’s beyond a few books max loads. 10mm is an odd one.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Anyone mention Power Pistol? It’s my favorite in 10mm. I don’t know what my load is off band but I know it’s beyond a few books max loads. 10mm is an odd one.

I personally favor power pistol, but I get pressure signs too early in 10mm anymore.
    In my wilder days about 10 or 12 years ago I had pushed a nosler 135gr jhp with Power Pistol in excess of 1600fps from a Glock 20 gen 3 with a standard kkm replacement barrel. I have much more to live for now and would not recommend doing that. There are better powders that will produce those results a little more toward the safe side and without the tell tale firing pin recess being imprinted nicely on the primers.
    That being said I get incredible results with pp in 357 mag and I have a few pet loads for other calibers.

AA #7 and #9 produce well, I'll have to check a couple of papers to see which I finally landed on. I know I found a superior loading for a 200gr xtp that got around 1250 fps with no pressure signs from that gen 3 20 with one of the two. It was pushing 1300+ from my 6" 610

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    I personally favor power pistol, but I get pressure signs too early in 10mm anymore.
    In my wilder days about 10 or 12 years ago I had pushed a nosler 135gr jhp with Power Pistol in excess of 1600fps from a Glock 20 gen 3 with a standard kkm replacement barrel. I have much more to live for now and would not recommend doing that. There are better powders that will produce those results a little more toward the safe side and without the tell tale firing pin recess being imprinted nicely on the primers.
    That being said I get incredible results with pp in 357 mag and I have a few pet loads for other calibers.

AA #7 and #9 produce well, I'll have to check a couple of papers to see which I finally landed on. I know I found a superior loading for a 200gr xtp that got around 1250 fps with no pressure signs from that gen 3 20 with one of the two. It was pushing 1300+ from my 6" 610
    I have a Rock Island 5in A2 and just built a Alpha Wolf 6in long slide Glock 20. The RIA never showed any tell tale signs. I’ve heard Longshot is great for 10mm as well and probably loaded some rounds with it but it has been a minute since I blew the dust off the reloading books. Primer shortage hit me good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    800x will give you the highest velocity of any powder out there.

Here is my worked up load data. Remember start with what the book calls for and with these high performance rounds i suggest 0.1 grain increments. I only loaded 10rds at a time and tested. That way I only have8 or 9 rounds to pull if I run into problems.

The below data was out of my Glock 20sf factory barrel. Yes hard cast bullets are just fine in Glock barrels.

Now with my RIA Ultra FS 10mm with a 5" barrel I can push a little higher because it has a supported chamber. I couldn't go any higher with the load I have here without Glock smiles on my brass. Basically destroyed them.
    View attachment 208554

10mm
    CCI Magnum LP
    9.6gr 800x
    200gr WFNGC Hard Cast
    COL: 1.59
    FPS: 1258 @ 15 feet from muzzle
    Energy: 702 Ft Lbs
    4.5" barrel
    And I was under the impression that a Glock was perfection.
    Huh. Go figure.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And I was under the impression that a Glock was perfection.
    Huh. Go figure.
    Well now if you add aftermarket parts like a KKM barrel, 22lb Stainless steel recoil spring and Rod, steel sights, and a nice trigger it's perfected. :):
    My RIA 10mm I only changed the recoil spring to 24lb, and a shock buff. It's been flawless.
    This is required for full power 10mm loads.
    Nerfed FBI loads keep it factory.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I found the load data I had recorded. This comes with the perpetual caveat of work up to this load, all guns are different, chronos don't agree with each other, ambient temperature etc etc. I'm not advising you to use this load without the due R&D first. For anyone that this isn't completely clear to, changing small things about any load can cause unforeseen events and make things kaboom. I think that's close enough for the lawyers...
    All that being said, here's the goods and they aren't even that impressive, this just hits a node in both of my hunting 10mm's for accuracy.

Trim for best consistency to known headspace
    Accurate #9 13.3gr
    FYI 13.4gr showed safe, but repeatedly locked back the slide on that Gen3 G20. It wasn't a mag issue, I pulled a fresh one and checked.
    Hornady XTP 200gr seated to 1.250 to allow chambering
    CCI large pistol primer
    I crimp because these will be out in the field with me for potentially days at a time, but it's a light crimp from a lee die.
    This nets me an average of 1248fps for five shots, but I usually just say 1240+.

The Hornady manual shows 13.2gr max loading for this bullet and powder coming in at 1150fps.
    Another lesson for new guys, just because the book says something doesn't make it so and it's also why most guys who still have all their fingers start 10% under listed max or at the prescribed starting load and work up.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I found the load data I had recorded. This comes with the perpetual caveat of work up to this load, all guns are different, chronos don't agree with each other, ambient temperature etc etc. I'm not advising you to use this load without the due R&D first. For anyone that this isn't completely clear to, changing small things about any load can cause unforeseen events and make things kaboom. I think that's close enough for the lawyers...
    All that being said, here's the goods and they aren't even that impressive, this just hits a node in both of my hunting 10mm's for accuracy.

Trim for best consistency to known headspace
    Accurate #9 13.3gr
    FYI 13.4gr showed safe, but repeatedly locked back the slide on that Gen3 G20. It wasn't a mag issue, I pulled a fresh one and checked.
    Hornady XTP 200gr seated to 1.250 to allow chambering
    CCI large pistol primer
    I crimp because these will be out in the field with me for potentially days at a time, but it's a light crimp from a lee die.
    This nets me an average of 1248fps for five shots, but I usually just say 1240+.

The Hornady manual shows 13.2gr max loading for this bullet and powder coming in at 1150fps.
    Another lesson for new guys, just because the book says something doesn't make it so and it's also why most guys who still have all their fingers start 10% under listed max or at the prescribed starting load and work up.
    I haven't tried Accurate #9. Of course I haven't seen any in a very long time. About all I can find now days is Power Pistol, CFE Pistol, and Longshot. I can't find my favorite 10mm powder which is 800x.

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I haven't tried Accurate #9. Of course I haven't seen any in a very long time. About all I can find now days is Power Pistol, CFE Pistol, and Longshot. I can't find my favorite 10mm powder which is 800x.
    I couldn't find 800x when I started developing loads again after I sniped a couple thousand new starline when they had it in stock last. My go to for powder locally is Madison Outdoors. They typically have tons of powder stock and they get fresh stock often. I've chanced upon primers a handful of times that weren't large pistol or small rifle too.

Top Bottom