100% unconstitutional, as these ARE infringements on the RIGHT to keep and bear arms...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It’s already been decided that we are required to purchase health insurance (at least those of us stupid enough to work for a living) so I don’t see SCOTUS taking issue with this.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    It’s already been decided that we are required to purchase health insurance (at least those of us stupid enough to work for a living) so I don’t see SCOTUS taking issue with this.
    We know the supreme`s got that wrong, thanks to the traitor, roberts. That being said, being forced to buy health insurance doesn`t infringe upon a constitutionally protected right, whereas, mandating liability insurance would financially restrict some from being able to exercise their Second Amendment rights, thereby making it an infringement.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We know the supreme`s got that wrong, thanks to the traitor, roberts. That being said, being forced to buy health insurance doesn`t infringe upon a constitutionally protected right, whereas, mandating liability insurance would financially restrict some from being able to exercise their Second Amendment rights, thereby making it an infringement.
    I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m saying we’re screwed brother. SCOTUS is a lost cause.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, if the insurance company and the mayor are in bed together (campaign funds and support in exchange for being in on that market at the outset and help design the policy requirements) does that not mean de facto registration? And if the insurance company then revokes your policy and you cannot get another, what happens to your gun(s)? Do they now become illegal and get confiscated?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And this is different than Obamacare mandate. Healthcare is not a constitutional right.

However, since this directly impacts a CR, I would guess this should be considered a poll tax of sorts. If I cant be forced to pay a tax to vote (constitutional right) Paying for insurance (or any other payout, such as a license) should also be illegal to exercise my 2A right.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    My guns ARE my insurance...against all sorts of things from some varmint digging up my home's foundation, an errant pit bull looking too longingly at my children, a driver who has played Grand Theft Auto one time too many, a neighbor who has coveted his neighbors ass, an unruly but mostly peaceful mob destroying my place of business, even bumps in the night. Why would I get insurance for my insurance? What a boon for State Farm, selling insurance policies for insurance policies...Reminds me of the workman's comp policy I was required by the state of Florida to buy as a sole proprietor with no employees that also exemped the owner. There was no possibility of a claim but for about 500 bucks a year, it was required. As crazy as this unlawful idea is, one cannot underestimate what government can do. When money and violating civil rights are involved, all things are possible. When all three branches of our government are corrupt, what can we do? The few honest people in government are overwhelmed by the bad ones to such a degree they cannot help us. like the FBI, I hear the rank and file are good people. Maybe a few, but if that is so, why don't they arrest Comey or Wray? Why do they allow the once revered institution to become a political tool. Ask Stone how many FBI agents does it take to arrest a feeble old man who has never been accused of a violent act? And these were the rank and file of Americas finest. If there are good guys left there, why don't they fulfill their oath of duty? Why wouldn't they at least look at the election? Maybe it's time to dissolve the FBI and turn their duties over to treasury or the marshal's service....I don't know what the best fix is, but this isn't working.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And this is different than Obamacare mandate. Healthcare is not a constitutional right.

However, since this directly impacts a CR, I would guess this should be considered a poll tax of sorts. If I cant be forced to pay a tax to vote (constitutional right) Paying for insurance (or any other payout, such as a license) should also be illegal to exercise my 2A right.

Yup. (about the poll tax)
    Tell the mayor this can go through, but everyone will have to pay a poll tax to vote, and it will be the same amount paid gun owners will have to pay for their insurance. Thousands of $$$$
    Then, put it on TV that it's the mayor's idea, he came up with it.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Quote from article: "insurance companies will help us make gun possession safer."

How does anybody write this stuff and actually believe it? :lmfao:

When it comes to the criminal element and those bent on breaking the law, it's almost like saying insurance companies make drunk drivers drive safer, isn't it?

If I couldn't laugh, I'd cry.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Also, "We want a fee that will compensate taxpayers for the cost of everything from emergency rooms to police response,” the mayor said."

So a group of people defined by legal ownership of a particular item should be held liable to the rest of society for the "cost of everything from emergency rooms to police response"?

Don't we already pay taxes as citizens for that stuff? Isn't that why hospitals get not-for-profit status?

If this works, maybe there should be additional taxes placed on couches and TVs to help pay for Obamacare.

This one is going to have me keyed up all weekend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Also, "We want a fee that will compensate taxpayers for the cost of everything from emergency rooms to police response,” the mayor said."

So a group of people defined by legal ownership of a particular item should be held liable to the rest of society for the "cost of everything from emergency rooms to police response"?

Don't we already pay taxes as citizens for that stuff? Isn't that why hospitals get not-for-profit status?

If this works, maybe there should be additional taxes placed on couches and TVs to help pay for Obamacare.

This one is going to have me keyed up all weekend.
    Any opportunity to fleece the population.
    Any opportunity.

Top Bottom