• ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Oh I bet we can find one.

Did you ever drink alcohol before you were 21?

Don't drink or smoke... And if they wanna spy on me because of traffic code I broke, then more power to them. I deserve it for being a jackass who thought my time was more important than the safety of others at the time. Point Im trying to make is, I could care less if someone wants to spy on my life. It won't change how I live my life. The information they obtain (excluding financial records that may me used to steal from my bank account or my identity.) is not going to put me out any. As I would tell anyone willing to ask anything they wanted to know. I think there are a lot of people like me. I understand those who wish for their right to privacy. That's great. But that isn't the only opinion out there. I would give you info about me just as quick as I would a government agent. Again, nothing to hide, so in my opinion..They can have a field day. Now the only thing that would bother me besides what I stated above, is all the tax dollars wasted on spying on people who really do not matter in the grand scheme of things. I just don't think someone knowing about my boring life of raising kids and paying bills is anything worth hiding.

Last edited:

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ...However, if Ol' Uncle Sam feels I am that important to spy on me, more power to him...

You serve your master well!
    BootLicking.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Don't want to "teach" them anything. Just don't care if someone knows things about me.

You will when they start coming for everyone's scary guns. :twocents:

I am sorta in the same boat, but I do care how much of my information is at the grasp of government. If they can track my every movement and PREDICT where I'm going to go.... :noway: You really don't care about that?

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    You will when they start coming for everyone's scary guns. :twocents:

I am sorta in the same boat, but I do care how much of my information is at the grasp of government. If they can track my every movement and PREDICT where I'm going to go.... :noway: You really don't care about that?

Oh they can come for my guns....:ar15: As for the rest. Outside of facial recognition and a few others, everything else is because we have allowed ourselves to become part of the machine. By giving into the conveniences of credit cards with rfid's and other things of the same sort. Cell phones with mics for speakerphone that allows them to listen into our convo's without us even being on the phone.. Not to mention all the cars with built in GPS and tracking software such as Onstar...As well as becoming dependent on the interwebz. (Which is probably the worst of the bunch.) Can't say much for the speed trap camera's other than driving as we were all taught when taking the old test...Is a privilege, not a right... So can't really complain to much there unless we get that amended in somehow.

If you want to be free from the governments invasion of privacy, just stop using all of those things which we allow them to supervise. No more INDOT, No more FCC, No more OCC, No more SEC...FDA, And on and on... We wouldn't need them anymore if no one ever used the commodities and subsidiaries they regulated. Imagine the chaos? We would collapse on ourselves because we have become so fat in others doing things for us whether we agree with all of what they do or not.

Again, Im not saying I don't respect people's wishes to have privacy. That is great. I have my own to a degree. But, Im just saying, there are a lot of us who do not care about being watched while USING things we did not create and have sole ownership of. (banks, interwebs, phones, cars, etc..) Do I want a floating govumunt camera peeking through my windows? No..Do I want to be chipped with a grain sized tracking device? No...There is a fine line for me.

Im guessing you'd like to punch ol' GW in the grill for signing the Patriot Act into law by your previous statements? Can't say I'd blame you to an extent.:chuck:

Thanks a lot Osama Bin Laden...:ar15:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh they can come for my guns....:ar15: As for the rest. Outside of facial recognition and a few others, everything else is because we have allowed ourselves to become part of the machine. By giving into the conveniences of credit cards with rfid's and other things of the same sort. Cell phones with mics for speakerphone that allows them to listen into our convo's without us even being on the phone.. Not to mention all the cars with built in GPS and tracking software such as Onstar...As well as becoming dependent on the interwebz. (Which is probably the worst of the bunch.) Can't say much for the speed trap camera's other than driving as we were all taught when taking the old test...Is a privilege, not a right... So can't really complain to much there unless we get that amended in somehow.

If you want to be free from the governments invasion of privacy, just stop using all of those things which we allow them to supervise. No more INDOT, No more FCC, No more OCC, No more SEC...FDA, And on and on... We wouldn't need them anymore if no one ever used the commodities and subsidiaries they regulated. Imagine the chaos? We would collapse on ourselves because we have become so fat in others doing things for us whether we agree with all of what they do or not.

Again, Im not saying I don't respect people's wishes to have privacy. That is great. I have my own to a degree. But, Im just saying, there are a lot of us who do not care about being watched while USING things we did not create and have sole ownership of. (banks, interwebs, phones, cars, etc..) Do I want a floating govumunt camera peeking through my windows? No..Do I want to be chipped with a grain sized tracking device? No...There is a fine line for me.

Im guessing you'd like to punch ol' GW in the grill for signing the Patriot Act into law by your previous statements? Can't say I'd blame you to an extent.:chuck:

Thanks a lot Osama Bin Laden...:ar15:

Oh don't get me wrong, I completely respect your opinion. I've certainly aired enough of my own business that it's pretty obvious I don't care what they know about me. However, it's my choice to air it, not for them to take it.

And yes, I'd LOVE to punch GW in the face for a lot of reasons. :) And we should shake Osama's hand... BEFORE YOU FLIP OUT... because he's the reason this Country has started to wake from it's overly drugged slumber. Then we should kick his ass too. :)

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Gotta be honest though. Outside of traffic code back in the day when I drove, ya...no laws broken here hoss. Just not in the cards for me.
    You admitted to watching material that violates copyright law in the thread about 73k blogs being shut down.

movie-linktv was one of our favorite sites! Too bad..Oh well, for everyone they shut down, two more pop up. Already have a new one that I like.

I don't think the feds would like you participating in illegal activity. Not to single you out, but I just don't have the energy anymore to defend privacy against the "noting to hide" argument.

*summons a randriod*

You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you’d better get wise to it. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt.

Last edited:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It's amazing the extremes people will go to for intimidating and disturbing a person. While selling on Ebay, I got messages from some wacko telling me that some other sellers were checking to see if the guberment had an interest in me. Of course I replied in return with my own :twocents:. After ignoring the emails and things settled down, I quit selling items for a while but they proceeded to send messages months later on Christmas Day 2009 that stated, and I quote: " I'm watching your ever move". unquote. Quite a few messages were from someone imposturing ebay security. What a nut job!
    I turned the messages over to Ebay and Hotmail but I seriously doubt they did anything about the tyrant.

Last edited:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    You admitted to watching material that violates copyright law in the thread about 73k blogs being shut down.

movie-linktv was one of our favorite sites! Too bad..Oh well, for everyone they shut down, two more pop up. Already have a new one that I like.

No, I admitted to a video site being one of my favorites. That particular one does much more than just host random links peoples pirated movies. It hosted a slue of user created content as well. Not to mention, there hasn't been a concrete case made yet that has put a person behind bars for watching (not downloading) other user uploaded movies that were copyrighted. The uploaders themselves,,,yes as well as the hosts that link to the uploaders random sites. But not those who did not actually download the content.

The DMCA is in countless court battles right now trying to hold their ground on this issue. But, they haven't won out yet. Its a tipping scale if they win out, as if it were put into law to actually prosecute people for seeing copyrighted content, millions of people would be booked.

They could be looking for shoes and click on a site that instead has copyright infringed content, and BLAMO they are criminals! Hence why the millions of people who enjoyed these sites have not, and will not be pursued for what they have seen and not downloaded/uploaded. The site owners themselves and the content "adders" will and have though. Hopefully they will get this sorted out so the law will be more clear in the future.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Y'know... Everyone (me included) worries about "being on the list". A friend of mine recently replied when I mentioned that. He said, "Go ahead! PUT me on the list. Put me on ALL the lists. The more people there are and the more lists they're on, the less meaning those lists have." (that's a paraquote, not exact)

I have to admit, he has a point. There are 300 million + Americans. The more of us on the "gun" list and the more of us on the "subversive" list and the more of us on the "watch them" list.... the more thinly spread the people watching the lists are and the more likely they'll be thinking about *this* list and miss that you're on it and need to be watched while you're doing nothing more than living your life. Eventually, it will hit an overload or breaking point.

Blessings,
    Bill

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I have no reason to be on a list. It's stalking tyrants that throw their weight around and pretend to be someone they're not that should be on the list. That's reason enough to justify protecting yourself and family. If a man gets his jollys watching another mans every move, (unless he's a terrorist) uhh, he needs to be on a "what the hell are you" list.:patriot:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    I aint skeered......................:eek:

No, seriously........F' em. Put me on all the lists you want. The people making these lists are on other lists themselves. I agree with BOR's friend. The more people on the list, the better. When the list has become the majority, we have nothing to worry about. Until then, come get me uncle sam.......I dare you:p

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Ever see the movie "Eagle Eye" ?
    They're just a bunch of thieves. I doubt guberment would cut locks and steal $60 kids bicycles off my upper balcony 3 times and leave the more expensive unchained bikes on the bottom floor, then steal a coin out of my mailbox I ordered off ebay for my sons B-day. All it takes is a wacko anti-protection hot shot "watch this" thug co-worker to let a thief know your not turning the corner to catch him stealing kiddie bikes. JMHO

Top Bottom