• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Will be interesting to see if it's another case of Serpa leg.
    I'm not familiar with the 320. Is there really a problem like this with these firearms? Or are they hitting the trigger while unholstering like that famous video I f@#$%#@ shot myself.

Warning language used my not be appropriate for younger viewers.

If this video is not appropriate feel free to delete it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm not familiar with the 320. Is there really a problem like this with these firearms? Or are they hitting the trigger while unholstering like that famous video I f@#$%#@ shot myself.

Warning language used my not be appropriate for younger viewers.

If this video is not appropriate feel free to delete it.

Interesting and yes, that was all on him.

Strangely we do not hear much from J. Yeager these days.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    The P320 is a really good gun. Some mistakes were made in the original design that could allow it to fire when dropped onto a hard surface from a certain height at a specific angle. This was a proven, repeatable problem, and Sig stood behind their product and fixed it. I had to send one of mine in for the upgrade, and it was one of the easiest RMAs I've ever undertaken.

As to this latest round of lawsuits, I don't buy it. It smacks of a lawyer out to make a buck. Unlike the original drop-safety issue, I don't see anywhere that the plaintiffs in this new lawsuit managed to replicate the alleged problem with these guns, or explain what about the design failed to cause the unintended discharges. It's a mechanical device...anything it does should be repeatable. Until they can do that, I've got to assume that these were caused by shooter negligence wherein the shooter's finger or some other foreign object unintentionally actuated the trigger.

I'm not a Sig fanboy, and I have some big problems with some of the recent decisions that Sig has made as a company, but I know the P320. I've got thousands of rounds through them, and thousands more dry-fire reps. I've been through the P320 armorer school, and I've been around a LOT of these guns. Never once have I experienced one going bang (or click) without the trigger being pulled. I'm not saying it's impossible, but unless they can replicate the issue and demonstrate that it was caused by a design defect, I have a much easier time believing the problem lies in poor handling rather than with the gun itself.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I have it either getting thrown out OR Sig writes a small check and says shut up and go color.

I'm wondering how long this cat was issued the Sig, Holster etc. And just because he says he was an "experienced " Vet means nothing at face value as far as firearms. Saw them all the time before I retired as an Agency trainer See them about every day now when they exibit poor handling habits at a local range I work at.

Guess we shall see

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wait, is that true? Even the newer models need to be sent back for modification?
    Well, not yet anyway. I was just making a joke about Sig's "not a recall" recall on the original models.

I love my 2 Sig P365s, but I would take just about any other major company's striker fired pistol on the market before you'd see a P320 in my holster.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Well, not yet anyway. I was just making a joke about Sig's "not a recall" recall on the original models.

I love my 2 Sig P365s, but I would take just about any other major company's striker fired pistol on the market before you'd see a P320 in my holster.
    Oh ok I was reading another article about that incident and it said it was an "upgraded" model, whatever that means. I'll see if I can find it.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Here is the article that states it's an upgraded model.

The one thing that stood out to me is they pointed out that "no federal agency can force a safety recall of guns", so I look for that to be something they push for in the future. :rolleyes:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I used to say the same. Then I tried out an X-Compact, and it got even better when I tried it with a Wilson Combat grip module.

I was not much of a Sig fan back in the years when they were turning out a crazy color of the week finish, etc.

It is a bit disconcerting on some of these reports. That said, I had to take in a Glock a few decades ago now for a retrofit that I don't think was a ever titled a recall either (but to be fair that was pretty early on in the striker fired history).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I used to say the same. Then I tried out an X-Compact, and it got even better when I tried it with a Wilson Combat grip module.
    I used to have a P320 compact and was pretty "meh" on it. Haven't handled an X-Compact yet, but I'm pretty heavily invested in the M&P and CZ P-10 platforms now, so the X-Compact would have to be pretty awesome to get me to buy one.

I am, however, in danger of a sudden wallet lightening if I see a Walther PDP compact in person, despite the fact that I don't have any use for another polymer frame 9mm.

That's never stopped me before, of course. Handgun ADHD is a real disease.

:)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I used to have a P320 compact and was pretty "meh" on it. Haven't handled an X-Compact yet, but I'm pretty heavily invested in the M&P and CZ P-10 platforms now, so the X-Compact would have to be pretty awesome to get me to buy one.

I am, however, in danger of a sudden wallet lightening if I see a Walther PDP compact in person, despite the fact that I don't have any use for another polymer frame 9mm.

That's never stopped me before, of course. Handgun ADHD is a real disease.

:)
    Understood. I also bought in on the M&P compact 2.0s and still have a couple. There are a lot of great choices in polymer, striker fired guns these days. I'm staying clear of the P-10 due to wallet purposes myself.

Top Bottom