• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Last time I shot I'm competition I used my 92FS. I had no problems with it. That was back in the late 1990's, and early 2000's.

What are the most reliable handguns being used in competitions now? Not looking for the top one just which ones seem to run the best?
    Last time I shot competition I shot revolvers. Midwest in Elkhart. M586 6” S&W usually took the lead…… ;)
    Although, I bought a Taurus PT1911 when they first came out, $400=+/-, walked out on the range and won with it too! Lol
    That thing is a shooter. Used GI mags in it and it just worked.
    Much better than the Colt 1911’s of the late 1970’s-1980’s. A bazillion times better than any 1911 I shot in the Marines 1973-1976. You could throw the gun and get a better score than shooting it!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Last time I shot competition I shot revolvers. Midwest in Elkhart. M586 6” S&W usually took the lead…… ;)
    Although, I bought a Taurus PT1911 when they first came out, $400=+/-, walked out on the range and won with it too! Lol
    That thing is a shooter. Used GI mags in it and it just worked.
    Much better than the Colt 1911’s of the late 1970’s-1980’s. A bazillion times better than any 1911 I shot in the Marines 1973-1976. You could throw the gun and get a better score than shooting it!
    My BIL shot a Taurus 1911 and his was a good pistol also. I had 2 Para's and a Kimber and his was easily on the same level probably a little better.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I was surprised to see the Ruger Wrangler and SR22 come up.. my family has 4-5 Wrangler's and SR22's and no issues, we burned up bricks of .22 teaching kids and grandkids to shoot with them.. cleaned (not with WD-40 :) ) and all have been reliable.
    I've carried the SR as a backup pocket pistol and never gave it a second thought.
    Everyone has an opinion and its good to see them. Thanks.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was surprised to see the Ruger Wrangler and SR22 come up.. my family has 4-5 Wrangler's and SR22's and no issues, we burned up bricks of .22 teaching kids and grandkids to shoot with them.. cleaned (not with WD-40 :) ) and all have been reliable.
    I've carried the SR as a backup pocket pistol and never gave it a second thought.
    Everyone has an opinion and its good to see them. Thanks.
    I had an SR22 it did okay. It had a few issues with SV ammunition, and your cheap bulk box ammunition. As long as you feed it what it liked it was very reliable.

After getting the TX22 it got sold. The TX22 is far superior IMO. It shoots everything except Aguila COLIBRI.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I had an SR22 it did okay. It had a few issues with SV ammunition, and your cheap bulk box ammunition. As long as you feed it what it liked it was very reliable.

After getting the TX22 it got sold. The TX22 is far superior IMO. It shoots everything except Aguila COLIBRI.
    I have been eyeing a TX22 now and then just had bigger interest on a edc. Now that’s done I thought about acquiring one. Haven’t been to the gun shop for a bit.. maybe it’s time

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I get upset when I hear general bashing of the 1911. I have great attachment to the model as I am sure a number of other members do. I have carried and fired 1911's since 1960 when I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I bought my first 1911 in 1962 when I was commissioned. I have qualified with one more times than I can remember and carried and trusted one over three tours in Vietnam in my 25 years on active duty. I currently own nearly a dozen of them and carry one as my EDC. Over the thousands and thousands of rounds I have fired, I have never had a misfire, failure to feed or failure to extract or eject in all those years. I carefully care for each of them - during storage, prior to shooting, during shooting and after shooting (magazines and ammo included). Thanks for letting me vent!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I get upset when I hear general bashing of the 1911. I have great attachment to the model as I am sure a number of other members do. I have carried and fired 1911's since 1960 when I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I bought my first 1911 in 1962 when I was commissioned. I have qualified with one more times than I can remember and carried and trusted one over three tours in Vietnam in my 25 years on active duty. I currently own nearly a dozen of them and carry one as my EDC. Over the thousands and thousands of rounds I have fired, I have never had a misfire, failure to feed or failure to extract or eject in all those years. I carefully care for each of them - during storage, prior to shooting, during shooting and after shooting (magazines and ammo included). Thanks for letting me vent!
    The 1911’s we had in 1973 in the Corps were so worn out, you’d have done better throwing the 1911 AARP at a target rather than pulling the trigger.
    I have 1911’s too and relegate them to once in a while range duty.
    If it would have been the end all pistol, it would have been the end of all pistols.
    No offense sir and I salute you for your service. I don’t happen to share your affinity for it though.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Before we veer back into a Sig 320 bash-em-up, I thought this would be an appropriate opportunity to mention that, in my experience, 92.7 % of the time, the 10 least reliable handguns are the ten that Davy Dremel went to work on. :coffee:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I can vouch for the CW380 not running worth a jack. With lots of brands it would FTF every round.

My SR22 works okay. Pretty good, even. But like all .22s it hiccups from time to time.

Top Bottom