• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    A while back I found E Author Brown selling some clone components for the 10/22. I fell ill to its siren call and had to buy their full kit as well as a vanilla 10/22.
    IMG_01701.jpg

What hung me up with doing this type of build in the past is that the sights and stock options were never quite authentic enough looking. Seeing that these actually came with proprietary m1 type sights, the stock being shaped just right and having the sling and oiler.... Everything came together and it was close enough for me to deem it clone worthy.

The quality of the parts are middle of the road. Everything fit together and works great. The finish on the stock is not fantastic but it's more than good enough considering how little it costs. A great value in my opinion.

At first I thought the BX15 magazine would be a good substitute, but surprisingly it gave me a crazy amount of reliability issues. I ended up taking a risk on some of these Archangel 15 round mags. They run flawlessly and actually don't look bad with the clone in my opinion.
    20210619_202238.jpg
    For a brief period of time I flirted with the idea of trying to make optics look right on the carbine. Ended up with this Leopold 1-4. I tried it for a few weeks but it never grew on me.
    1612142150005.jpg
    Does anybody have a source for a black 10/22 bolt? Or maybe a good way of blackening it. The shiny bolt is the only thing I don't like about it at this point.

Other than that, I can't say enough good things about this kit. Its so much fun that it probably causes cancer in California.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    As an update. A fellow rimfire addict graciously lent me his Bushnell “AR optics” 2-7x32. I mounted it to the M1 clone and it fits perfectly, just barely clearing the upper handguard. It has improved my opinion of Bushnells middle tier optics. Very nice scope for $200. External turrets, turrets can be set to zero. Parallax adjustment as well as a 22 calibrated drop in the reticle.

Here is some of the shooting I was able to pull off with a stock 10/22 inside the E Arthur Brown M1 stock.
    0320F5F4-36BA-4ADE-886B-F6D074EAA6FF.jpeg
    Top image are 10 shot groups at 50. Bottom image is 5 shot groups at 50.
    E2464C8A-5101-4252-80D6-ADFE90B1D9F0.jpeg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I think it likes that Aguila SE… :D

And that thing is cool! I’ve never been a huge 10/22 guy for some reason, couldn’t tell you why. But this might make me get one, LOL. This, and a nice salt/pepper laminate stocked International…

Did you pick up a Kidd bolt to get rid of the shiny stock one?

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I think it likes that Aguila SE… :D

And that thing is cool! I’ve never been a huge 10/22 guy for some reason, couldn’t tell you why. But this might make me get one, LOL. This, and a nice salt/pepper laminate stocked International…

Did you pick up a Kidd bolt to get rid of the shiny stock one?
    I felt the same way about the 10/22. Never wanted one enough to buy until I saw these kits.

I'm still using the factory bolt. Couldn't convince myself to spend $150 to change the bolt color on my fun gun.

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    I felt the same way about the 10/22. Never wanted one enough to buy until I saw these kits.

I'm still using the factory bolt. Couldn't convince myself to spend $150 to change the bolt color on my fun gun.
    I wonder if a guy could black oxide the bolt and how that finish would hold up

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought I had a photo of my still on INGO - I guess not.

I cut down an M1 Carbine mag and epoxied it onto a short 10 round 10/2 mag to give it a better faux look.
    And the Tech Sights are good enough for me on this one.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very nicely done. If it were me I’d go with open sights. There are methods to remove chrome plating from steel but none are worth the effort to me.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Spending more time on the 10/22 this spring. Trigger re work, detail strip, and did some bedding work. For whatever reason I wanted to try the 4X on here again. Not sure yet if it’s gonna stay. How does INGO feel about a scope on a “M1 Carbine”?
    View attachment 265770
    My personal opinion....take it off. If need be get a smaller doplar for the rear sight to make it more accurate / easier to make hits.
    But I like to shoot thru the irons

Aaron

Butter.Actual

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Portage
    Spending more time on the 10/22 this spring. Trigger re work, detail strip, and did some bedding work. For whatever reason I wanted to try the 4X on here again. Not sure yet if it’s gonna stay. How does INGO feel about a scope on a “M1 Carbine”?
    View attachment 265770
    I’m personally an irons guy when it comes to M1’s, but I think you pulled it off better than anyone else! (What a sweet 10/22)

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I like the looks of it with the iron sights, but if the scope is needed then leave it on and enjoy shooting it.

I originally missed this thread, but as a M1 carbine fan I really like the look.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Is it more accurate with the scope .....only accurate firearms are interesting
    It will take further testing but I’m thinking it will help my long range shots.

My irons only slide up to 150 and the range I’ve been shooting at is 200. I’ve managed to hit the mini IPSC at that range but only maybe 1 out of 10 times. Hopefully this 4X has enough adjustment to get me out to 200.

Other than that at 50 yards with irons, I hit the sticky note most times. With the 4X I can hold about a 1 inch group. At the same distance. So yes it does help me shoot it a bit better.

Top Bottom