• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    It will take further testing but I’m thinking it will help my long range shots.

My irons only slide up to 150 and the range I’ve been shooting at is 200. I’ve managed to hit the mini IPSC at that range but only maybe 1 out of 10 times. Hopefully this 4X has enough adjustment to get me out to 200.

Other than that at 50 yards with irons, I hit the sticky note most times. With the 4X I can hold about a 1 inch group. At the same distance. So yes it does help me shoot it a bit better.
    Sounds like the answer is the scope. Good shooting by the way!

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    It will take further testing but I’m thinking it will help my long range shots.

My irons only slide up to 150 and the range I’ve been shooting at is 200. I’ve managed to hit the mini IPSC at that range but only maybe 1 out of 10 times. Hopefully this 4X has enough adjustment to get me out to 200.

Other than that at 50 yards with irons, I hit the sticky note most times. With the 4X I can hold about a 1 inch group. At the same distance. So yes it does help me shoot it a bit better.
    200 yards with a .22 carbine is a decent challenge! I'd say keep the scope. If it was an original carbine it would be kinda wrong, but with this, especially if you're using it in the manner you describe, I'd want the magnification.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I am so tempted at doing this to my 10/22 to make it a substitute rifle for not owning a real m1 carbine.... yet.

I am also wondering what version sights you ordered? They look the closest to real M1 rear sights that i've seen but I saw they have an entire list of sight options.

Last edited:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I am so tempted at doing this to my 10/22 to make it a substitute rifle for not owning a real m1 carbine.... yet.

I am also wondering what version sights you ordered? They look the closest to real M1 rear sights that i've seen but I saw they have an entire list of sight options.
    I’ve used the Tech sights in the past and they are okay, but don’t look quite right for a clone.

These are the sights I ordered.
    IMG_3970.png

IMG_3969.png
    Fairly simple arrangement. Knock front sight out, slide new on, tighten set screw. Rear sight mounts to the rear most holes in the receiver. They must be blue loctited.

Rear sight slider works well, it can move easier than I like, but I just mark settings with nail polish to make sure I’m zeroed for the range I want. Settings seem to be 25 yards out to 150

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    I like it a lot, I didn't realize there was a true to form kit out there. I've seen the chincier versions but this is quite nice.

I wonder if you could fit 2 10 round standard Ruger magazines in one of those reproduction U.S. M1 Carbine magazine pouches... Might be too wide.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I like it a lot, I didn't realize there was a true to form kit out there. I've seen the chincier versions but this is quite nice.

I wonder if you could fit 2 10 round standard Ruger magazines in one of those reproduction U.S. M1 Carbine magazine pouches... Might be too wide.
    I considered doing the same thing actually :cool:. You’re probably right because they are much wider than the originals.

The Archangel 15 round sticks will fit in pistol mag pouches. Square tops have to stick out but other than that they seem to fit okay

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I’ve used the Tech sights in the past and they are okay, but don’t look quite right for a clone.

Fairly simple arrangement. Knock front sight out, slide new on, tighten set screw. Rear sight mounts to the rear most holes in the receiver. They must be blue loctited.

Rear sight slider works well, it can move easier than I like, but I just mark settings with nail polish to make sure I’m zeroed for the range I want. Settings seem to be 25 yards out to 150
    Thank you for letting me know on the right sights to order, I really do appreciate it.

How has the finish on the stock held up since installing it and the condition of the provided stock screws while messing with them for field stripping and cleaning?

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

I'm curious if the factory 10 round rotary mags would fit in the mag pouch with the eabco dummy mag plugs installed with the square end of the mag facing up in the pouch.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Thank you for letting me know on the right sights to order, I really do appreciate it.

How has the finish on the stock held up since installing it and the condition of the provided stock screws while messing with them for field stripping and cleaning?
    Over the last 4 years this rifle has seen quite a lot of use. On average it’s seeing about 10 range trips per year with fairly heavy use outdoors. It’s getting taken apart about 3 times per year. So the wear pictured here has roughly 40 range trips and 12 disassemblies on it. IMG_3980.jpeg IMG_3978.jpeg IMG_3979.jpeg IMG_3977.jpeg
    IMG_3983.jpeg
    IMG_3984.jpeg
    The quality of the hardware is above average. Quality of the wood is average, not super hard, not soft either. Machining on the wood is a little rough in a couple spots, sandpaper fixes those easy enough. Stain is uneven in some of the tight spots. I plan to strip and stain the stock in the coming months.

Overall I think what you pay, for what you get…. It’s up to par.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    A while back I found E Author Brown selling some clone components for the 10/22. I fell ill to its siren call and had to buy their full kit as well as a vanilla 10/22.
    View attachment 185825

What hung me up with doing this type of build in the past is that the sights and stock options were never quite authentic enough looking. Seeing that these actually came with proprietary m1 type sights, the stock being shaped just right and having the sling and oiler.... Everything came together and it was close enough for me to deem it clone worthy.

The quality of the parts are middle of the road. Everything fit together and works great. The finish on the stock is not fantastic but it's more than good enough considering how little it costs. A great value in my opinion.

At first I thought the BX15 magazine would be a good substitute, but surprisingly it gave me a crazy amount of reliability issues. I ended up taking a risk on some of these Archangel 15 round mags. They run flawlessly and actually don't look bad with the clone in my opinion.
    View attachment 185826
    For a brief period of time I flirted with the idea of trying to make optics look right on the carbine. Ended up with this Leopold 1-4. I tried it for a few weeks but it never grew on me.
    View attachment 185827
    Does anybody have a source for a black 10/22 bolt? Or maybe a good way of blackening it. The shiny bolt is the only thing I don't like about it at this point.

Other than that, I can't say enough good things about this kit. Its so much fun that it probably causes cancer in California.

Very NICE!

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Over the last 4 years this rifle has seen quite a lot of use. On average it’s seeing about 10 range trips per year with fairly heavy use outdoors. It’s getting taken apart about 3 times per year. So the wear pictured here has roughly 40 range trips and 12 disassemblies on it.

The quality of the hardware is above average. Quality of the wood is average, not super hard, not soft either. Machining on the wood is a little rough in a couple spots, sandpaper fixes those easy enough.

Thank you for the in depth response. You have me sold on ordering the entire stock set with all the extra add ons they offer.

I was worried about the handguard retaining screw being fragile based on some comments i read on the eabco review page but you have reassured me from it stripping out or doing something weird like that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I felt the same way about the 10/22. Never wanted one enough to buy until I saw these kits.

I'm still using the factory bolt. Couldn't convince myself to spend $150 to change the bolt color on my fun gun.
    Buy a can of black epoxy appliance paint, scuff the bolt with some 150 grit, de-grease it, and give it a squirt.

Top Bottom