• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've had 4 over the years, and yes I've had Marlin 60's, but just something about a 10/22...Think I'll ask to buried with mine to put meat in the pot in Valhalla.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've only owned a 10/22 briefly (a loss leader at Dick's Black Friday sale awhile back). I wasn't impressed, but I never did anything to jazz it up. Really only put a few mags through it before I moved it on. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. I know they're immensely popular for a reason, but I just didn't see it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've only owned a 10/22 briefly (a loss leader at Dick's Black Friday sale awhile back). I wasn't impressed, but I never did anything to jazz it up. Really only put a few mags through it before I moved it on. Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake. I know they're immensely popular for a reason, but I just didn't see it.

They are infinitely customizable. Some call them the Mustang of the gun world because everybody and their brother makes accessories and upgrades for them. Heck, 3rd parties even license the design and make their own version (like Kidd and Volquartsen)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They are infinitely customizable. Some call them the Mustang of the gun world because everybody and their brother makes accessories and upgrades for them. Heck, 3rd parties even license the design and make their own version (like Kidd and Volquartsen)
    Oh I know. I just wasn't interested in doing all that I guess. I've seen some of the pretty awesome looking ones (like the ones posted in this thread), and those do look really cool.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I used to call 10/22s the Barbie Doll of the gun world. The only competition for accessorizing would be an AR. At one point of the addiction, I had an even dozen 10/22s. There wasn't one of them that was totally stock. I was ordering aftermarket parts for guns I didn't have.......yet. Counting a Charger, I'm currently down to five. Two are magnums one of which can be changed to .17 HMR by a simple barrel swap. Two of the former .22lr models are converted to .17 HM2 to include the Charger. The only remaining .22lr is one that they used to call "the WalMart Special". It's got a Shilen sporter barrel, several internal mods, and a Holosun reflex sight. We use it for shooting steel. All of them have had various trigger group mods.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My son and I shot an appleseed years ago, a guy shows up with 3 kitted out 10/22's.....groups looked like a shotgun....guess he didn't sight in before coming up there.....I shot a 198 with a stock 10/22 with an old scope....(it was the gun, not me)

Top Bottom