• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Honestly I've had the best experiences with UPS in apartment complexes but once I moved into a house, they started to mess up. I don't know what it is with these shipping companies. But can we be in agreement that FEDEX is worse than UPS lol?
    Sorry, but they both suck equally, just not for all the same reasons

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    All the shipping companies are trash.

Midway sent a box to me last Thursday "free shipping" and used USPS. It arrived in Indy on Sunday, sat in the main post office downtown for two days, then guess where they sent it..... DETROIT.

Losing hope of ever getting my 44-40 dies. I usually pay for UPS shipping over Midway's free service. Guess I learned my lesson again. Hope my dies are having a good vacation in Motor City, USA.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I've usually had good service with both UPS and FedEx. Yes, occasionally they both mess up, causing an additional day of delay. But they have to operate at scale, and that means some things are going to fall through the cracks. I've had less good luck with USPS, but even USPS gets it right most of the time.

I live in the middle of nowhere and am quite happy enough that most purchases get here in 2 or 3 days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    All the shipping companies are trash.

Midway sent a box to me last Thursday "free shipping" and used USPS. It arrived in Indy on Sunday, sat in the main post office downtown for two days, then guess where they sent it..... DETROIT.

Losing hope of ever getting my 44-40 dies. I usually pay for UPS shipping over Midway's free service. Guess I learned my lesson again. Hope my dies are having a good vacation in Motor City, USA.
    Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way too from Midway. And when they do it, the UPS semi drives THROUGH Indianapolis to take my package to Columbus, OH where they give it to USPS. Who then takes their own sweet time to get it back here.

And about the new lack of tracking info. Ive noticed it isnt a browser issue. They are purposefully limiting the details on the public tracking site. If you want detailed tracking, now you have to create an account and log in to see details. Over the past 6 months Ive seen more and more of my shipments going from a step by step report, to a very basic "label printed/on the way/out for delivery" status, with a note that says "for more details, log into your account. "

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, I have to log into my UPS account now to see full details. Full details in this case were four days of "loaded onto truck and out for delivery" before they actually came by my house.

It may be better in rural areas. UPS seems to do MUCH better with my work address. I believe they prioritize residential to the end of day, doing residential deliveries up until 1900. If they get backlogged and you are on the end of the route - in bustling Fishers - you just get pushed out the next day... again and again. This isn't the first time this has happened.

I should just push everything to work. I shouldn't have to though.

Top Bottom