• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Just a thought here. Elon musk formed PayPal about 20 years ago and eBay bought them two years later for $1.4 billion +/-. I wonder if it’s all eBay who is against 2a or is it also musk?

No intent to jack the thread. If this post starts to be a problem feel free to delete or move it.
    There are a lot of firearm accessories available on eBay. I would think that wouldn't be if they were as anti 2a as PP

Musk hasn't been involved with PP for 20 years and I thought eBay split from them like 10 years ago?

It's a shame to see INGO still using PP

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    There are a lot of firearm accessories available on eBay. I would think that wouldn't be if they were as anti 2a as PP

Musk hasn't been involved with PP for 20 years and I thought eBay split from them like 10 years ago?

All three of your points are spot on. There was a time that eBay allowed the sale of guns. I thought their system was a lot better than gunbroker.

As for info using PayPal…… why are we subsidizing the opposition? There are other options.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    All three of your points are spot on. There was a time that eBay allowed the sale of guns. I thought their system was a lot better than gunbroker.

As for info using PayPal…… why are we subsidizing the opposition? There are other options.
    I do remember the ebay of old, it was better than it is now, but there is still a lot of firearm stuff available on there.

I don't know the ins and outs, but I thought I remembered them splitting from PP years ago.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I have a buddy that sells accessories on eBay, they sure lock his account a lot. For no reason and force you prove they messed up. So they allow it…. Sort of

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I am trying to reach Chad. I paid him for 800 rounds of 5.56 on the 3rd. He says he shipped the ammo on the 8th but didn't create the shipping label until the 9th @ 0021. USPS says item has not even been picked up, just a label created. Multiple attempts to reach him here, no joy. Cannot reach through PayPal and his send-it LLC point of contact through a website and Facebook are non-responsive either. No choice but to file a case with PayPal. Really don't want to do that but not many options left. Anyone else had any dealings with or issues? or, if you know the guy and can contact him that would be great too!
    Did this ever get resolved?

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    nope, still no resolution. Looking into send-it LLC, there is a chad grothaus that has Nox LLC also, History of being a flake and a deadbeat. No word from him at all. Send-it LLC has reached out on several occasions to tell me its not them and i should try a chad long@gmail. I have made every attempt to make contact peacefully that i know how. waiting now on PayPal to see if they refund the transaction.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    nope, still no resolution. Looking into send-it LLC, there is a chad grothaus that has Nox LLC also, History of being a flake and a deadbeat. No word from him at all. Send-it LLC has reached out on several occasions to tell me its not them and i should try a chad long@gmail. I have made every attempt to make contact peacefully that i know how. waiting now on PayPal to see if they refund the transaction.
    Sorry to hear that. It sucks you are having to deal with someone like that.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Well, PayPal made a decision today to refund me and close the case in my favor. I feel a little better now. Its not a lot of money but the point of it irks me bad. It took two months for them to settle this. I would steer very clear of TacticalPew as hes still not bothered to respond or even log on.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Well, PayPal made a decision today to refund me and close the case in my favor. I feel a little better now. Its not a lot of money but the point of it irks me bad. It took two months for them to settle this. I would steer very clear of TacticalPew as hes still not bothered to respond or even log on.
    I'm glad they refunded you. When I got scammed on firearm accessories they decided to not refund me, seized my remaining balance AND hit my bank account with a fee for breaking their ToS.

Did you tell them it was for ammo or anything firearm related?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm glad they refunded you. When I got scammed on firearm accessories they decided to not refund me, seized my remaining balance AND hit my bank account with a fee for breaking their ToS.

Did you tell them it was for ammo or anything firearm related?
    That right there is criminal in my mind. Its one thing to deny a refund and close an account for breaking the TOS.

That is like getting busted for shoplifting at walmart when you went through the line and didnt scan a product, and they confiscate what you DID pay for, and then remove all of the cash in your wallet before trespassing you.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Lucky.

From all the stuff I've read and heard since my incident happened it really seems it's 100% up to whoever handles your case.

I'm really glad you got a good person on yours.
    It is. Not only do they seize your money for 6 months, or maybe 8. At the end of the seize, they tell you that they are keeping all of your money due to the irreparable reputation damage you caused PP by violating policies. They also say per the policy you agreed to, this is the result, AND they don’t have to tell you which policy you broke, nor can you file an appeal.

Thank God my old business only had $800 in the account when they froze it because some idiot wrote “GB Order”, and they interpreted that correctly. Don’t know why they were looking. Stole all my money.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    It is. Not only do they seize your money for 6 months, or maybe 8. At the end of the seize, they tell you that they are keeping all of your money due to the irreparable reputation damage you caused PP by violating policies. They also say per the policy you agreed to, this is the result, AND they don’t have to tell you which policy you broke, nor can you file an appeal.

Thank God my old business only had $800 in the account when they froze it because some idiot wrote “GB Order”, and they interpreted that correctly. Don’t know why they were looking. Stole all my money.
    Wow, had they mentioned a hold on the money I would have had hope. I'm glad they didn't do that to me. They didn't even send me an email - and I highly doubt Gmail lost it. I only found out the week after I filed my claim on the scam because I tried to order something else and my PP wouldn't let me log on at all and I Googled the error I got and then got worried and contacted them by phone which is how I found out.

Didn't see the bank account charge until a day or two after that too and that's when I was absolutely livid.

So I don't bother now. Cash app? Not going to bother. Venmo? For what?

So they can pull the same thing?

USPS money order or cash now for most everything firearm related.

Top Bottom