• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I have heard nothing. From any source so far. No paypal, INGO, send it-LLC or the Facebook. I’d like to think I didn’t intentionally get screwed. I agree that buying the ability to post and use the classifieds should NOT be a thing. But eh! Not my circus not my clowns.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I buy stuff from several gun related business's with PayPal. AA Optics uses PayPal as well. I have not had any problems YET.

I can personally tell you that Paypal will lock your account for guns or ammo. Maybe accessories are ok.

Best part is they will steal any money left in your account up to $2500!
    You'll also be banned from Venmo as they are the same company.

TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF PAYPAL.
    If you have a zero balance then it wont be so bad if they decide you're bad.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I can personally tell you that Paypal will lock your account for guns or ammo. Maybe accessories are ok.

We remove our money a minimum of 3x a day from PP.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Must be a recent thing. I thought so to. I know a dealer that ships USPS. Not all the time though.
    An ffl dealer can ship firearms through usps, but no ammo, powder, primers and so on. My memory says its been decades now that you cant.

AMMUNITION

Small arms ammunition is categorized as explosive materials by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Ammunition that is designed to be fired from a pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing. Under federal law, it is illegal to send these types of ammunition, domestically or internationally, via the U.S. Mail. Small arms ammunition poses a significant danger to Postal employees, equipment, and customers, and you could be subject to civil penalties and criminal charges, if you send them through USPS.

res04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    An ffl dealer can ship firearms through usps, but no ammo, powder, primers and so on. My memory says its been decades now that you cant.

AMMUNITION

Small arms ammunition is categorized as explosive materials by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Ammunition that is designed to be fired from a pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing. Under federal law, it is illegal to send these types of ammunition, domestically or internationally, via the U.S. Mail. Small arms ammunition poses a significant danger to Postal employees, equipment, and customers, and you could be subject to civil penalties and criminal charges, if you send them through USPS.
    That's what I thought. But they sent it to the buyer through the mail. The package broke open in the back of a Post Office. The inspectors were called. They arrived and delivered it the rest of the way. No questions asked.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.

I don't keep any money in PayPal. Your experience is probably why the places I deal with for ammo do not accept PayPal.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Well, I should have phrased it differently. Accessories (like scopes, slings, etc.) are okay, but guns and ammo are not (at least that's my understanding).
    Accessories can still get you banned.

I was scammed out of a laser and scope last year and when I tried to file a dispute they closed my account, seized my remaining funds AND hit my bank account with a fine for violating the rules according to their email explanation.

So I ended up out around $2100 for a $850ish package I never even got.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Accessories can still get you banned.

I was scammed out of a laser and scope last year and when I tried to file a dispute they closed my account, seized my remaining funds AND hit my bank account with a fine for violating the rules according to their email explanation.

So I ended up out around $2100 for a $850ish package I never even got.
    Sounds like criminal business practices to me.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Just a thought here. Elon musk formed PayPal about 20 years ago and eBay bought them two years later for $1.4 billion +/-. I wonder if it’s all eBay who is against 2a or is it also musk?

No intent to jack the thread. If this post starts to be a problem feel free to delete or move it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I buy stuff from several gun related business's with PayPal. AA Optics uses PayPal as well. I have not had any problems YET.
    A bit off topic, but AA Optics is probably the one company that i would trust enough to hand them a few grand in cash, not require a receipt and ask the owner to send me what he thinks I need when he gets around to it.

It is like he is building a business based on honesty, customer service, expert knowledge and quality products. What a concept.

Top Bottom