• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Recently bought a Kahr pistol and wanted to get a holster and such for it. We have several decent gun shops in the area. Today, I was out running errands and remembered that in June of last year, my wife gave me a $100 gift card to Freedom Firearms. I was in the area and decided to stop in to see what they had. This is the first time in at least 8 months I have been there. So, I went it and looked around and found something I wanted to buy.

I went to the registers and the woman rang up my purchase. I presented her with the gift card and she swiped it and said "hmm" She tried twice more, and she then said they had new owners and apparently the gift card is no good anymore. I asked then can I just have the cash value of the card and she said no, we don't honor them anymore and proceeded to throw my $100 card away. I said so what now, my wife is just out the $100 and she said yep, I guess so......It was all I could do not to create a scene, so I just left.....

We have several quality shops in the city, and this is obviously not one of them.....employees are indifferent at best to customers, many times downright rude and now this......I will never again step foot in Freedom Firearms in Fort Wayne and suggest you look elsewhere when shopping locally....It's absolutely not worth it....

ShimmeringTrees

Amish Jack Wagon
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2023
    Indiana
    I feel as if I might face some backlash here. That is why I don't support local FFLs.

To add to the leaving portion and writing a review. Maybe they will learn to cater to the public.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    She was the manager.....
    Doesn't sound like a good one when she makes a statement of "I guess so". Sounds like she doesn't really know for sure. A better answer would've been "let me speak with someone in a position higher than me to see if there's a better resolution"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    complain To the better business bureau
    talk to popo and see if they will take a report, seems to me you were defrauded. They took your money then arbitrarily cancelled the card.
    file suit in small claims court, I wouldn’t have let her keep the card.

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City
    Which is why i go right down the road to ZX Gun. I have no idea why anyone would tolerate Freedom's total attitude.
    I won't shop either ZX or Freedom Firearms. Both stores have very rude and obnoxious employees and think that their doesn't stink.

Wrigley's, Tomlinson's, AAA, and Precision Arms is where I buy most of my gun stuff.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    LOL @ involving the police.

There isn't any fraud involved here.

This kind of thing is, unfortunately, kind of normal.

Local place sells gift card...

Local place is then sold to a new owner...

New owner can choose to honor previously sold gift cards or not...

May not be the best optics, but there's nothing criminal going on. It just plainly sucks.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Had a similar experience with a Ponderosa gift card - they Filed bankruptcy and the few Franchises that stayed open - would not honor the Gift card

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I won't shop either ZX or Freedom Firearms. Both stores have very rude and obnoxious employees and think that their doesn't stink.

Wrigley's, Tomlinson's, AAA, and Precision Arms is where I buy most of my gun stuff.
    Tomlinson bought Wrigley. Still a good shop, but they also moved all the NFA stuff to Tomlinson.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yes, I knew that and am surprised they kept the Wrigley's name. I've known the original Tomlinson's owner for 40 years or so. Always a good place to go and will continue to buy from them.
    I used to stop in there when I was down that way but then Annie (JetGirl) left and I havent been back since.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I'd attempt a charge-back if it was bought using a credit card. I'm not sure if there's a time limit for cc purchases but I'd sure as hell give it a try.
    This is a good idea. That's what I would do. Depending on what she used to buy it I know that when it comes to gift cards Amex gold card you can get a chargeback on a gift card up to a year after purchase if there is an issue. I know this because my wife bought a gift card for a friend and after 4 months they told the friend that it was no good. So the wife went and did a charge back on it and we got our money back. So it's definitely worth trying, if you can

Top Bottom