• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    It all started 2/27, while shooting my AR with an Aero Precision SPR mount, which failed. Top of the clamping rings cracked allowing the scope to begin to move around. Was on the same rifle with the same scope for over 2 years, and was properly torqued to 15 in-lbs. Sent an email to their customer service department on 2/28. Was replied to promptly on 3/1 with an RMA# and a shipping label. Mailed out same day, and they received it on 3/8. No correspondence in over a week, so I messaged them today, and customer service is now saying 4 weeks to evaluate the failure to make sure it’s a warrantable failure. FOUR WEEKS??? Absolutely ridiculous! Feel certain that if any of my other scope mounts (of different brands) were to fail, I would have a replacement in my hands already!

Attachments

• CDE159CD-735F-4200-9EA8-3AC3C7F1B4C5.jpeg
      CDE159CD-735F-4200-9EA8-3AC3C7F1B4C5.jpeg
      198.4 KB · Views: 22
    • 3723BF01-2A6D-4F09-9AA7-E05804AE9E0A.jpeg
      3723BF01-2A6D-4F09-9AA7-E05804AE9E0A.jpeg
      125.8 KB · Views: 19
    • 685B9746-CA08-479B-B697-5E091757DB4A.jpeg
      685B9746-CA08-479B-B697-5E091757DB4A.jpeg
      179.4 KB · Views: 17
    • E451862A-A273-4E6B-9A30-502C271358D1.jpeg
      E451862A-A273-4E6B-9A30-502C271358D1.jpeg
      216.4 KB · Views: 20
    • 69F751F0-DF99-4530-AB7D-E80DFBDB30BE.jpeg
      69F751F0-DF99-4530-AB7D-E80DFBDB30BE.jpeg
      149.3 KB · Views: 22

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Corporate sent out a note to everyone yesterday telling us we all better be very careful with all equipment because who knows if they would be able to replace anything in a timely manner.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    We are having some delays getting plain lubricating oils and our supplier is one of the major players.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Would you rather wait, or be told immediately "We are short staffed so we are going all hands on deck. Sally the receptionist was able to look at it and she said materials looked good to her, and it must be user error. Would you like to give us your CC# to pay for the return shipping, or just throw it away for you? As an offer of goodwill, here is a 10% coupon for your next purchase. Have a nice day."

So it could be worse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And it could be worse. I started a network upgrade last June. The new LTE backup boxes got backordered. They delivered them to my office TODAY. Ive already travelled around and deployed all 26 sites, and have to go back to 4 of them now.

So yeah it could be worse. Grace and patience is necessary today.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    WArne QD rings I use a lot so I can share one more expensive scope across a few guns. Somehow I lost a piece all my fault. Contacted customer service and explained what happened and they sent me the piece for free. Lucky I guess. That was a couple years ago. Maybe even that has changed

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    Well, I posted to their FB site as a review, and miraculously, they were able to put me to the front of the line, and have approved the warranty, and already shipped the replacement. My issue had nothing to do with supply or availability, as they are available on their website. My issue is saying four weeks to look at it. Either 1) they have an absolute mountain of warranty failures to go through (bad product). There’s no way they are running metallurgy tests to see if they broke due to misuse or material failure. I mean do the math, say an employee spends 5 minutes on each return. If you math it out, that’s approximately 100 failures per day coming in. Or 2) they have no plans to warranty a product unless the customer hounds them (bad customer service). Either way, i feel like that’s a bad answer from them. I know when I ran over a $1000 vortex spotting scope (admittedly 100% my fault), I had a replacement in hand in less than 72 hours.

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    Would you rather wait, or be told immediately "We are short staffed so we are going all hands on deck. Sally the receptionist was able to look at it and she said materials looked good to her, and it must be user error. Would you like to give us your CC# to pay for the return shipping, or just throw it away for you? As an offer of goodwill, here is a 10% coupon for your next purchase. Have a nice day."

So it could be worse.
    I’d rather that honestly, than be told four weeks to evaluate it. I mean, it’s not like they are going to be testing the material for failure. And it’s not like they even mentioned being short staffed. It was simply, we handle them based on the order in which they were received. If they have that big of a failure rate, I want no part of them.

The replacement will not be mounted to my rifle. It will be offered very cheap in the classifieds.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, I posted to their FB site as a review, and miraculously, they were able to put me to the front of the line, and have approved the warranty, and already shipped the replacement. My issue had nothing to do with supply or availability, as they are available on their website. My issue is saying four weeks to look at it. Either 1) they have an absolute mountain of warranty failures to go through (bad product). There’s no way they are running metallurgy tests to see if they broke due to misuse or material failure. I mean do the math, say an employee spends 5 minutes on each return. If you math it out, that’s approximately 100 failures per day coming in. Or 2) they have no plans to warranty a product unless the customer hounds them (bad customer service). Either way, i feel like that’s a bad answer from them. I know when I ran over a $1000 vortex spotting scope (admittedly 100% my fault), I had a replacement in hand in less than 72 hours.
    Maybe instead of a mountain of bad product. They have a mountain of orders to fill and the same folks that have to look at your return are shipping product out for orders that may well have been before they got your return in.

Glad they are fixing you up…

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Maybe it’s because Aero precision took a dump from a good mid-tier firearm and accessory brand to terrible QC and putting our garbage rods about 4 years ago. Keeps fixing things.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    1) I'm sure it takes more than 5 minutes to evaluate every warranty repair

2) They're as short staffed as everyone and your rings were not their first priority, even though it is YOUR first priority

3) The only thing this posting proves is that you're short on patience and long on vindictiveness. You thought the best way to get what you want was to post a negative review online. Likely they didn't bump you up in status, they just gave you what you wanted so they could just be done with you. Posting bad reviews online (in this situation) is akin to a toddler throwing a tantrum these days.

4) Don't compare any company to Vortex warranty support. There is no equal to Vortex.

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    1) I'm sure it takes more than 5 minutes to evaluate every warranty repair

2) They're as short staffed as everyone and your rings were not their first priority, even though it is YOUR first priority

3) The only thing this posting proves is that you're short on patience and long on vindictiveness. You thought the best way to get what you want was to post a negative review online. Likely they didn't bump you up in status, they just gave you what you wanted so they could just be done with you. Posting bad reviews online (in this situation) is akin to a toddler throwing a tantrum these days.

4) Don't compare any company to Vortex warranty support. There is no equal to Vortex.
    1) do you really think that many of these companies have the abilities to test the metal composition well enough to be able to determine what caused the failure? Anything they are “evaluating” can be seen in the pictures that were sent to them.

2) being short staffed is understandable, that was not their explanation. In fact, of the four emails received from them, they came from four different individuals.

3) I am absolutely short on patience when there is no communication coming from their end. Had I been informed of the four week from receipt timeline, I would have ordered a replacement the day after the failure. I guess there is an assumption that when they said “that’s absolutely a warrantable failure, I’ll get you an RO and just ship it back”, there wouldn’t be a four week lag. Giving me what I wanted in the first place (replacement individual ring halves), would have taken literally minutes to get into the queue to ship out. They likely spent more on the return shipping than what the ring halves would have even cost them. BTW, giving a heads up as far as what to expect, is often mistaken as a tantrum.

4) there are COUNTLESS other companies in this and other industries that have great customer service. Off the top of my head, RCBS, Hornady, Wilson Combat, Magpul, Leupold, and even retailers such as KM Tactical and Palmetto State come to mind.

I just think there’s a lot of folks that are OK with ****** customer service, as long as they get the outcome they want. Myself on the other hand, I would have rather had them say something upfront like “we don’t believe it’s a warrantable failure, but we will sell you the ring halves at retail”. Is an $80 part failing after 2 or three years gonna hurt me financially, or ruin my impression of a company, NO. What ruined my impression and turned me away, was when their policies and warranty procedures are not conveyed up front.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Maybe instead of a mountain of bad product. They have a mountain of orders to fill and the same folks that have to look at your return are shipping product out for orders that may well have been before they got your return in.

Glad they are fixing you up…
    I think this is accurate with most business today. I have a striker assembly on order from S&W. They are going to send it to me at no charge but it will take awhile for me to get it since they are using all available inventory to build new pistols.

Would I like to have it now? Sure. But I have decided to adjust my expectations in this crazy economy. There are so many supply issues it's mind boggling to folks that don't deal in it everyday, like I do.

I called S&W to check, since about a month has gone by and the agent said the order was still there and they would send it as soon as they could. I joked with her and asked if she could just walk out on the line and grab one for me. We both had a nice a laugh and went on with our day.

But I do understand your frustration with customer service. I do like to receive good customer service even if it's not the outcome I prefer. Like my S&W example above.

Top Bottom